Default catamaran

Considering a tri hull, comments pros cons

thanks GB
Capt. Neal®

wrote in message ...
Considering a tri hull, comments pros cons

thanks GB

Sail a real boat first. Multi-hulls are gimmick boats.

CN

Thanks Jeff and all who replied

I guess I should have said multi hull. ( I think I was drinking Rum and
Coke the night I sent my first message to the news group) my apology.

The boat I am considering is a Yapluka .
http://www.yapluka.fr/spec60_us.htm
They are a fairly new pleasure yacht company. Started producing aluminum
hull Cats a bought 5 years ago.

I have sold a business, and plan to semi retire. I have owned 10 or 11 boats
in my
lifetime. I purchased my first small motor boat when I was 16. I bought it
before
I bought a car.

The last boat I owned was a Formula 41 PC with twin 504's. The only sailboat
I have ever owned was a Morgan 22, and that was almost 20 years ago. I had
it
on a Lake in the Ozarks. ( Grand Lake in Oklahoma) . In fact all the boats I
have
owned have been Lake pleasure craft in the Ozarks. Lake of the Ozarks,
TableRock
Lake and Grand Lake.

Grand Lake was not a very good Lake for sailing. It seemed like the wind
directions
changed every quarter mile. All work and not much fun. Spent more time
anchored in a
cove than sailing.

I crewed on a friends 50 foot Morgan in the Bahamas abought 5 years ago. I
loved it. And I did get seasick our second day out, but that's another
story.

I have never lived on the Ocean. (A lifelong dream). My son moved to Puerto
Vallarta, Mexico last summer. They have a great Marina. That is where I
intend to dock the boat.

I started researching Trans-Ocean craft. My decision for a multi hull sail,
were various.
Saftey, cost of operation, speed etc. I also figured that a boat in the
Pacific needed to
be over 50 feet due to the potential size of the seas.

I intend to spend approximately a year after I purchase getting
qualified..(Captains ratings etc)..Spend time sailing up and down the West
pacific coast for some experience. And then its off to the South Pacific..
Tahiti…..New Zealand…just started playing with charts also..so the big trip
is still in early planning stage.

Any way back to budget and Boat. The Yapluka is pricy. It would be great to
find something similar for 30 to 40 percent less money. There is a used 60
foot, 2002 for sale in Spain. I am impressed with their finish and design..

But as all of you can probably tell .. I am pretty green and defiantly a
novice..So that's why I ask for some suggestions from the news group..

Thanks again in advance for your help.. GaleB
Scott Vernon

Pay no attention to Ozzhole, he's scared of everything.

Boo!

OzOne wrote in message

That's one big sucker of a beautiful yacht.

I would suggest you hire a highly qualified multi skipper and
deckhand, that is way to much boat for even most experienced multi
sailors let alone a beginner.

Having thousands of miles logged in all manner of multi from

outright
racers to floating condos, I would still be very wary of 60' of cat
and would want to hand pick at least two other crew.

Joe

Scott Vernon wrote:
Pay no attention to Ozzhole, he's scared of everything.

Boo!

No kiddin....What a wimp.
60 foot is nothing..

Joe

OzOne wrote in message

That's one big sucker of a beautiful yacht.

I would suggest you hire a highly qualified multi skipper and
deckhand, that is way to much boat for even most experienced multi
sailors let alone a beginner.

Having thousands of miles logged in all manner of multi from

outright
racers to floating condos, I would still be very wary of 60' of cat
and would want to hand pick at least two other crew.

Lady Pilot

I guess I should have said multi hull. ( I think I was drinking Rum and
Coke the night I sent my first message to the news group) my apology.

No apology needed, what kind of rum? ;-)

The boat I am considering is a Yapluka .
http://www.yapluka.fr/spec60_us.htm
They are a fairly new pleasure yacht company.

Looks great to me! Does it have a bathtub or a hot tub? roflmao

I have sold a business, and plan to semi retire. I have owned 10 or 11
boats
in my
lifetime. I purchased my first small motor boat when I was 16. I bought it
before
I bought a car.

You sound just like my ex-husband. He owned an airplane before he owned a
car/truck.

The last boat I owned was a Formula 41 PC with twin 504's. The only
sailboat
I have ever owned was a Morgan 22, and that was almost 20 years ago. I had
it
on a Lake in the Ozarks. ( Grand Lake in Oklahoma) .

That's an interesting coincidence. I used to fly my airplane into Shangri
la resort on the weekend for Sunday brunch occasionally. Never saw a boat
like the one you described above in the link. :-) thinking this is a
troll

In fact all the boats I
have
owned have been Lake pleasure craft in the Ozarks. Lake of the Ozarks,
TableRock
Lake and Grand Lake.

I used to hang out at Table Rock lake during the summers in my teenage
years. lol Do I know you?

Grand Lake was not a very good Lake for sailing. It seemed like the wind
directions
changed every quarter mile. All work and not much fun. Spent more time
anchored in a
cove than sailing.

Have you ever been to the cove near Bernice?

I have never lived on the Ocean. (A lifelong dream).

Yeah, me too...

I intend to spend approximately a year after I purchase getting
qualified..(Captains ratings etc)..Spend time sailing up and down the West
pacific coast for some experience. And then its off to the South Pacific..
Tahiti...New Zealand.just started playing with charts also..so the big
trip
is still in early planning stage.

You sound a little bit dangerous, unless you hire a proper crew with
experience.

Any way back to budget and Boat. The Yapluka is pricy.

Do you mind me asking what a boat like that would cost?

But as all of you can probably tell .. I am pretty green and defiantly a
novice..So that's why I ask for some suggestions from the news group..

Thanks again in advance for your help.. GaleB

Bertie, is that you? heheee

LP