Joe

Did you see the snow in Hawaii?

That would be a blast, Snowski in the morning, surf in the evening.
Joe

Capt. Neal®

How right you are. People who live north of the Mason-Dixon
Line are idiots. How ludicrous it is that they claim to be sailors
while living where sailing cannot be done a good part of the
year.

You have the right idea, Joe. A good steel boat, a warm climate,
a hot woman and a Captain-is-the-master attitude.

CN

"Joe" wrote in message ups.com...
Texas in the summer is great! I will take it anyday over dealing with
the yankee cold.

Joe

Thom Stewart

Hey Frank,

How the winds down there? Blowing pretty good up here. Force 4 to F5 but
gusting up to force 6. Blowing everything off the house but the taxes.

Anyway, they're warm. Looking at the map; we could maybe have a couple
of days of this.

How's the flooding down there. Water getting high up here but still only
watch warnings.

Ole Thom

Joe

Capt. Neal=AE wrote:
How right you are. People who live north of the Mason-Dixon
Line are idiots. How ludicrous it is that they claim to be sailors
while living where sailing cannot be done a good part of the
year.

It's insane, But hey someone's gotta do it. Just not going to be me.
I could make more money if I live in the Detroit or Holland Michigan
area but it aint worth it.

You have the right idea, Joe. A good steel boat,

Yes I like RedCloud, I was happy to find her. She will be safe sound
and sea worthy as long as I am alive.

a warm climate,

Indeed, why would anyone want to suffer an life huddled in a cave
around a fire shivering at the thought of sal****er spray covering
yourself.

a hot woman and a Captain-is-the-master attitude.

Well we are both captains, masters, cooks, galley hands, deckhands,
oilers,ect. To be married and claim the Captain is master only works if
your married to another Captain.

I must admit I do most the bilge and engine room work.

But its a great trade off to be able to sleep soundly knowing RedCloud
is on-course and safe.

Life could only be better if I could get out on the hook like you live,
yet still be able to maintain and continue my career. Your a lucky man
Capt Neal!

Hopefully soon the tech will be affordable and reliable enough to live
that dream.

Joe

CN

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...
Texas in the summer is great! I will take it anyday over dealing

with
the yankee cold.=20
=20
Joe

Frank

Thom Stewart wrote:
Hey Frank,
How the winds down there? Blowing pretty good up here. Force 4 to F5

but
gusting up to force 6. Blowing everything off the house but the

taxes.
Anyway, they're warm. Looking at the map; we could maybe have a

couple
of days of this.
How's the flooding down there. Water getting high up here but still

only
watch warnings.

Hey, Ole Thom,

Winds have been pretty blustery this morning. We're about a mile from
the water and up on a hill in "urban" Everett; but my in-laws live on
Priest Point on the Tulalip Res. and we're watching their house while
they're out of town. Always hafta keep a weather eye there cuz they're
right at the high tide mark.

Our house has been rumbling badly cuz they're re-doing the sewer lines
in the alley and moving lots of heavy construction equipment, digging,
etc. right behind the house today. That plus the wind was sure a
wake-up call this am.

Instead of suffering through all the mess here, I should go down to the
Seattle boatshow or over to Whidbey to look at those auction boats Joe
cited.

Take it easy up there!

Frank

katysails

It's 5 here right now and dropping to below 0 tonight....nothing to do but
contemplate frostbite...

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Ahoy Thom, last week it was in the 60's here, now it's in the 20's and
it snowed last night. Only an inch, but enough to cover everything
outside. Nothing to do but keep the fire stoked and snuggle.

Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
A strange sight greeted me today. Pneuma is iced in, in her finger

pier
slip.
The seconded time I've seen this happen in 35 years.

Ole Thom

katysails

Yeah...it does....I had to walk over to the other facility today to pick up
a bunch of stuff...thought my knees were going to freeze off....if I'd known
I was going to have to spend some time outdoors, I wouldn't have worn a
skirt but just have worn longjohns and some slacks....it is so cold the road
salt won't work so it's a good thing there's only a bit of ice and
snow...the deer are huddled out in back of our Russian olive bushes...I've
been throwing scraps of veggies and fruit out for them and threw out some
cracked corn....they're not even moving off when I put the dog out...the
swans even climbed out iof the river and have been sitting in the rushes...

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Scott Vernon wrote:
Ahoy Thom, last week it was in the 60's here, now it's in the 20's

and
it snowed last night. Only an inch, but enough to cover everything
outside. Nothing to do but keep the fire stoked and snuggle.

Dont you have a b-day party to put on?

And BTW I here it's like 120 below where Katy lives...Man that must
really suck. Only going to get in the low 60's here today, but 70's by
the end of the week.

Joe

Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
A strange sight greeted me today. Pneuma is iced in, in her finger

pier
slip.
The seconded time I've seen this happen in 35 years.

Ole Thom

katysails

Scotty,
We live up here because it is relatively unpopulated like the big cities
where you l;ive...your ideas of country and city are entirely different than
ours...it is also cheaper to live here...a lot cheaper....and there are no
sharks in Lake Michigan...AND...it's that much farther away from yellow
Coronados...

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote

Dont you have a b-day party to put on?

Lisa is getting the cake now.

And BTW I here it's like 120 below where Katy lives...Man that must
really suck.

Yup, don't know why anybody would 'live' up there.

Only going to get in the low 60's here today, but 70's by
the end of the week.

I've been in Texas in the Summer. You can have it.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

katysails

Joe,
Both Detroit and Holland are economically depressed. Just what would you
make money at in either place?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

OT - Kerry Soft On Weather Walt ASA 1 August 19th 04 01:09 AM
noaa weather maps Mike General 4 June 15th 04 02:11 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM