John Deere

Default Tell a lawyer joke, go to jail

Dave wrote:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6818054/

Couldn't resist this one, because I know both Carl and Harvey, and like
them.

Good for them. When an officer of the court is working, people have to be
civil and show some respect for the institution, if nothing else. Next
comes the judge jokes, and then comes plain old contempt of court.

It's like training a dog. Watch the little things, and the big things take
care of themselves.

BROKEN WINDOW THEORY

"The title of a 1982 article by criminologist James Q. Wilson and George
Kelling. This simple theory argues that a broken window left unrepaired
will make a building look uncared for or abandoned and soon attract vandals
to break all the other windows. If this is so, then prevention of crime
will be accomplished by steps like painting over graffitti, keeping
buildings in good repair, maintaining clean streets and parks and
responding effectively to petty street crime. These actions make citizens
feel safer and when they frequent public places criminal activity is less
likely to occur. Many jurisdictions in North America have adopted practices
based on this perspective."

Martin Baxter

John Deere wrote:
Dave wrote:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6818054/

Couldn't resist this one, because I know both Carl and Harvey, and like
them.

Good for them. When an officer of the court is working, people have to be
civil and show some respect for the institution, if nothing else.

Good grief, you can't make a lawyer joke while standing outside? Whats next, make a lawyer
joke on the phone and get arrested for that, how about bugging peoples homes so they
won't be making lawyer jokes at home?

You think you live in a "free" country don't you?

Cheers
Marty

SAIL LOCO

Those 2 guys are going to win big in civil court. If the state thinks they can
arrest 2 guys for talking to each other, making jokes, we are in trouble.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Martin Baxter

SAIL LOCO wrote:
Those 2 guys are going to win big in civil court. If the state thinks they can
arrest 2 guys for talking to each other, making jokes, we are in trouble.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"

The govmint will probabably use some obscure section of the Patriot Act, claim they were engaging in suversive behavior.....

Cheers
Marty

DSK

SAIL LOCO wrote:
Those 2 guys are going to win big in civil court. If the state thinks they can
arrest 2 guys for talking to each other, making jokes, we are in trouble.

Guess what... we *are* in big trouble.

DSK

JG

Lawyers suck. Poodle lawyers suck twice.
JGaynz@
www.illegal_sail_charters.com

Jim Cate Jokes Joe ASA 0 June 18th 04 05:43 PM
OT Hey Hairball, Kerry is a Joke Christopher Robin General 65 April 6th 04 10:24 PM
Canadians could be thrown in jail for watching TV DD730 ASA 7 February 29th 04 05:38 PM
Why is Jail better than the Navy? edo General 2 November 2nd 03 09:50 PM
Dennis Rodman lands in jail, accused of drunken boating Larry Hill General 3 September 10th 03 05:19 AM