Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DD730

Default Canadians could be thrown in jail for watching TV

Canadians could throw you in jail for watching TV
The Canadian (sic) Liberal (sic) government (sic) - in between spending $2
billion dollars for an old '486 PC to register a few dozen (mostly harmless)
long guns, and then siphoning off a few hundred million 'sponsorship'
dollars for their friends - is now embarking on building a new version of
the Berlin Wall.

Believe it or not, they're actually planning to make it a criminal offence
to watch certain TV channels.

Here.

"Under Bill C-2, anyone who subscribes to a foreign satellite television
service could face criminal penalties, including the possibility of a year
in prison."

Canadians will henceforth be permitted to watch only those TV channels
approved by the Canadian (sic) Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) and
carried on the two authorized Canadian satellite systems (or Cable - lol).

Here is our situation. My wife happens to be a cute little lady of non-WASP
ethnicity. To keep her happy, in addition to our totally-legitimate Canadian
satellite system for which we pay about $60 per month, we also subscribe to
another non-Canadian (based off-shore) 'ethnic' satellite system to provide
several TV and radio channels in her native language.

These type of 'ethnic' channels will likely never be available on a Canadian
satellite system due to the minority interest and limited bandwidth of the
Canadian systems.

The only alternatives a 1) don't watch these 'ethnic' TV channels, or 2)
risk going to jail.

We would appreciate you bringing this obvious and completely ridiculous
injustice to the world's attention as soon as possible.