Capt. Neal®

Default I didn't donate one red cent.

I didn't donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm not going to donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm proud of the fact that I'm not going to donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

What I saw on the videos is a bunch of stupid, fat, drunk tourists on the beach gawking as the waves
came in and engulfed them. "Wow, honey, look at the size of that wave. Hand me another beer, please."
Stupid is as stupid does.

CN
John Cairns

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
I didn't donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm not going to donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm proud of the fact that I'm not going to donate one red cent to the
tsunami relief efforts.

What I saw on the videos is a bunch of stupid, fat, drunk tourists on the
beach gawking as the waves
came in and engulfed them. "Wow, honey, look at the size of that wave.
Hand me another beer, please."
Stupid is as stupid does.

CN

Which you've proven quite admirably in posting this dreck. Putz.

John Cairns

JG

Neal is a prime example of what makes the US a great nation. NOT

I guess he doesn't even think his fearless leader is very smart (no argument
there).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"John Cairns" wrote in message
om...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
I didn't donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm not going to donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm proud of the fact that I'm not going to donate one red cent to the
tsunami relief efforts.

What I saw on the videos is a bunch of stupid, fat, drunk tourists on the
beach gawking as the waves
came in and engulfed them. "Wow, honey, look at the size of that wave.
Hand me another beer, please."
Stupid is as stupid does.

CN

Which you've proven quite admirably in posting this dreck. Putz.

John Cairns

Bob Crantz

I'm not donating one red cent either. I wish our Federal government refunded
the aid money to us taxpayers so each of us could decide its best use.
As with many charities, a good portion of the donations will go to enrich
the unjust. Almost all the countries hit by the tsunami are vile breeding
grounds of corruption. Thailand is a pedophile mecca, so why does Ganz want
to send money there? India is taking away our jobs so why can't they help
themselves? Why line the pockets of third world corrupt politcians?
If you want to give money or help, give it directly to the victims, not to
some middleman.

Amen!

Bob Crantz

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
I didn't donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm not going to donate one red cent to the tsunami relief efforts.

I'm proud of the fact that I'm not going to donate one red cent to the

tsunami relief efforts.

What I saw on the videos is a bunch of stupid, fat, drunk tourists on the

beach gawking as the waves
came in and engulfed them. "Wow, honey, look at the size of that wave.

Hand me another beer, please."
Stupid is as stupid does.

CN

Scott Vernon

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm not donating one red cent either. I wish our Federal government

refunded
the aid money to us taxpayers so each of us could decide its best

use.

According to Mooron, it was only 12 cents.

Where did the phrase ''red cent'' come from?

Scotty

John Cairns

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm not donating one red cent either. I wish our Federal government

refunded
the aid money to us taxpayers so each of us could decide its best

use.

According to Mooron, it was only 12 cents.

Where did the phrase ''red cent'' come from?

Scotty

From the color of the original large penny.

http://www.letcoin.com/showpic.asp

Almost uncirculated examples have a reddish tone to them.

John Cairns

John Cairns

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
Don't listen to Cairns. He's an idiot.

http://www.coinfacts.com/confederate...ike_copper.htm

Did you even bother to read the link you posted, or did you just look at the
pretty picture?

"A red cent was a Confederate coin. When the South lost the war a red cent
was worth nothing."

CN

If you bother to read your own link, you'll notice that this particular coin
was minted over twenty years after the war ended.

http://www.pcgs.com/articles/article3187.chtml

"Yet oddly enough, the Confederate Government contacted the renowned
Philadelphia jewelers, Bailey & Co. about a contract coinage. The firm, well
connected with medalists and diesinkers, commissioned Robert Lovett Jr. for
the job. Lovett planned for something uniform with the United States
one-cent piece, weighing 4.67 grams and of the same size as the
copper-nickel Indian cent. He prepared a die which had his signature design,
a Liberty Head, on the obverse, surrounded by the words "Confederate States
of America 1861." The reverse bore the inscription "1 cent" surrounded by a
wreath of corn, cotton, maple, wheat and tobacco, and two barrels. At the
beginning of the wreath lay a cotton bale signed "L." Although Lovett
prepared dies for the one-cent pieces and struck twelve coins in
copper-nickel, he never handed over the samples to Confederate officials for
inspection. Fearing that the United States government might arrest him for
assisting the enemy, he dropped the project and buried the dies and coins in
his cellar. Even when the war was over, Lovett was reluctant to show them."

People collected coins in the 19th century, a confederate "red cent" would
have been worth much more than face value even in the 19th century.

John Cairns

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm not donating one red cent either. I wish our Federal government

refunded
the aid money to us taxpayers so each of us could decide its best

use.

According to Mooron, it was only 12 cents.

Where did the phrase ''red cent'' come from?

Scotty

Capt. Neal®

I know, I know. But if you follow the links on that very page which
shows the re-strike you would note that the originals were made mostly
of red bronze - not copper. They were red.

Why do I always have to deal with idiots. Lord help me.

CN

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
[...]

ink.net...