JG

Default XMAS tree disposal

This is just too funny (or maybe you had to be there)....

It's just about time to put the dead tree on the curb for pick up. A friend
was over and she volunteered to remove the ornaments. While she was doing
that, I mentioned that it would probably dump 10 zillion pine needles on the
floor, but that's what happens. I didn't give it another thought and went
out to do some errands, while she stayed around.

When I got back, I saw she had discovered the shop vac in the garage.
Amazingly, she shop vac'd the tree! It was just about totally denuded. She
was sort of embarrassed by the whole thing, but between fits of laughter, I
told her it was fine by me.

At least it wasn't as dangerous as my ex-roomate in college who stuff the
entire 7-foot dead tree into the fireplace and then lit the tree...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

gonefishiing

must be a CA thing.
the NY version
here you just throw the tree out the 5th floor window, someone comes along
in the night and burns it for you. the fire trucks show up and hose the
thing down, the police come by and write up a silly report, the landlord
sends his guys over the next day to scrub the soot and ashes off of his
building. big production every year. keeps lots of people employeed.

gf.

"JG" wrote in message
[...]

Maynard G. Krebbs

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:29:01 -0800, "JG" wrote:

This is just too funny (or maybe you had to be there)....

It's just about time to put the dead tree on the curb for pick up. A friend
was over and she volunteered to remove the ornaments. While she was doing
that, I mentioned that it would probably dump 10 zillion pine needles on the
floor, but that's what happens. I didn't give it another thought and went
out to do some errands, while she stayed around.

When I got back, I saw she had discovered the shop vac in the garage.
Amazingly, she shop vac'd the tree! It was just about totally denuded. She
was sort of embarrassed by the whole thing, but between fits of laughter, I
told her it was fine by me.

At least it wasn't as dangerous as my ex-roomate in college who stuff the
entire 7-foot dead tree into the fireplace and then lit the tree...

Here in Kansas the Parks And Recreation Department picks the old xmas
trees up and dumps them into the lakes for fish cover.
Mark E. Williams
Horvath

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 01:48:11 -0500, "gonefishiing" wrote
this crap:

must be a CA thing.
the NY version
here you just throw the tree out the 5th floor window, someone comes along
in the night and burns it for you. the fire trucks show up and hose the
thing down, the police come by and write up a silly report, the landlord
sends his guys over the next day to scrub the soot and ashes off of his
building. big production every year. keeps lots of people employeed.

I keep mine up until the end of March. Then I throw a huge plastic
bag over it, and put it down in the basement. Next December, I take
off the bag, and set it up in the living room. No mess, no pine
needles.

gonefishiing

got me beat.
this year i did without the tree
just hung the lights.

gf.

"Horvath" wrote in message
I keep mine up until the end of March. Then I throw a huge plastic
bag over it, and put it down in the basement. Next December, I take
off the bag, and set it up in the living room. No mess, no pine
needles.

katysails

Not this year, I didn't...has been too crazy around here what with my
granddaughter's accident and all...she still wasn't negotiating steps at the
time so we decided to have Christmas at their house instead, since there is
no way into my house without having to climb steps inside or out...only
problem was that their Rotty, Mas, kept picking all the ornaments off the
tree and stashing them in secret hiding places...by the time Christmas Day
came along, only the ornaments on top were left...he's one strange
dog...terrifying to look at but would lick you to death...I put a piece of
tinsel on my poinsettia...

"Horvath" wrote in message
I keep mine up until the end of March. Then I throw a huge

plastic
bag over it, and put it down in the basement. Next December, I

take
off the bag, and set it up in the living room. No mess, no pine
needles.

katysails

She's just off crutches but us still in the daily rehab program...she has to
have her right ear reconstructed inside, possibly in February...there's some
neuo damage but we won;t know about that until the end of January...all in
all, we're thankful she's here...she's much quieter than she used to be (not
that she was a noisy kid to begin with...)
Thanks for asking.