Scout

Default Ahoy Electrical Experts

I'd like to hear opinions regarding supposed adverse health effects of a
close proximity to high tension wires.
I'm looking at a nice piece of land on the side of a mountain, about 200
feet from the lines. I'm inclined to think a cell phone is more dangerous. I
know we have a few here who are knowledgeable in the field (no pun
intended).
Scout

katysails

There's this guy not too far away from us that had a small pony farm where
the high tensiles run down his property. He couldn't keep the ponies
shod...they would throw their shows within a week of having them put
on...and it was a reputable blacksmith who had no problems anywhere else.
Also, padlocks rusted through and he couldn't keep anything locked up. His
ponies started to lose weight and he had the vet come out to do an analysis
of the food. The local Humane Society investigated him and found that he
was buying more than adequate grain for the number of animals he had and
watched his feeding regimen. Ponies kept starving. They ran all kinds of
tests. Nothing. Eventually, he removed the ponies to a rented pasture away
from the tensile wires and they all began to gain back their weight. This
guy was not a crackpot. He became seriously sick himself over the whole
thing and eventually sold the property since he couldn't use it for what he
had intended.
"Scout" wrote in message
fire away!
Scout

"Scout" wrote in message
I'd like to hear opinions regarding supposed adverse health effects of a
close proximity to high tension wires.
I'm looking at a nice piece of land on the side of a mountain, about 200
feet from the lines. I'm inclined to think a cell phone is more
dangerous. I know we have a few here who are knowledgeable in the field
(no pun intended).
Scout

Scott Vernon

Do they make noise? Some do. That would be annoying, to me.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

"Scout" wrote in message
I'd like to hear opinions regarding supposed adverse health effects

of a
close proximity to high tension wires.
I'm looking at a nice piece of land on the side of a mountain, about

200
feet from the lines. I'm inclined to think a cell phone is more

dangerous. I
know we have a few here who are knowledgeable in the field (no pun
intended).
Scout

Scott Vernon

"Scout" wrote in message
I'd like to hear opinions regarding supposed adverse health effects

of a
close proximity to high tension wires.

Depends how high your mast is.

SV

Joe

Scout wrote:

Regardless of the health factors many other things come into play.

I owned a house almost a block from HPL's

When its humid they pop & crackle, they look like ****.

Unless your going to put in a garbage dump, or storage units ect...
Keep Looking!

Joe

I'd like to hear opinions regarding supposed adverse health effects

of a
close proximity to high tension wires.
I'm looking at a nice piece of land on the side of a mountain, about

200
feet from the lines. I'm inclined to think a cell phone is more

dangerous. I
know we have a few here who are knowledgeable in the field (no pun
intended).
Scout

Thom Stewart

Scout,

The Jury is still out on the actual proof but if you are worried about
it, why chance it?
The power companies usually run there lines in corridors of unused land.
Mostly because it is the cheapest available. That is one of the reasons
for the land around it to be available for a reasonable price.

I like your idea of the testing. I really don't know exactly what you
should be testing for? Not sure if anyone knows?

Good luck to you. Either way. Your decision. If you're worried about it
now, it certainly not going to get better. If the power companies have
the right of way there is nothing to stop them from running additional
lines.

Ole Thom

Fishfinder??? Bobsprit ASA 31 January 26th 04 09:06 PM
Steel hull - electrical ground Joao Penha-Lopes Electronics 16 October 18th 03 01:57 PM
Steel hull - electrical ground Joao Penha-Lopes General 3 September 8th 03 02:49 AM
Steel hull - electrical ground Joao Penha-Lopes Cruising 1 September 4th 03 09:43 PM
Electrical problem Terry Spragg Electronics 1 July 8th 03 04:49 PM