Joe

Default Have a Happy New Years!

My office is now close and Im throwing off the land lines to headout
for a moonlit evening sailing Galveston bay into next year.
Have A Happy, Healty & Prosperious New Year!

Joe

Thom Stewart

Thanks Joe

Happy sailing!

OT

Joe

Thom Stewart wrote:
Thanks Joe

Happy sailing!

OT

Thanks Ol Thom,

We had a great sail, just after sundown the fog rolled in and we
sailed until 01:30 then we anchored close to and island called RedFish.
It was our small world sailing by GPS on autopilot, the bay was smooth
and it was like flying thru clouds, visibility was less than 40 feet
and the fog made the sails into a great sprinkler system. It was
suprising how many boats were out sailing and motering. New years
morning was great, Coffee made in a perculator, Pelicans fishing and
peace and quiet. I hope the whole year turns out as peaceful.

Joe

Scott Vernon

"Joe" wrote

New years
morning was great, Coffee made in a perculator, Pelican fishing and
peace and quiet.

Lucky you. What size line do you use for pelicans?

Scotty

Joe

Pelican's fishing.

A huge flock of white pelicans were onto a school of shrimp being drove
to the surface by speckeled trout next to where we anchored. It's
amazing to watch them work as a team. They surround the school all
swimming to the center at the same time and all scoop at the same time.
Swim out to the edge of the circle and start over. Also a massave
number of gulls were working the ship channel, we could not see them
but Hitchcock would of loved to have recorded it for his movie The
Birds. Redfish Island is right next to the Houston Ship Channel we
anchored with the island between us and the channel. You could hear the
ships coming for several miles, then hear the wake crash across the
whole length of the island... followed by the birds fishing the prop
wash then fading to total silence. It was amazing every little sound
turned up to full volume by the fog.

Joe

Scout

"I'm in on a plot"
Alfred's Hitchcock's tombstone

"Joe" wrote
Hitchcock would of loved to have recorded for his movie The Birds

Thom Stewart

Joe.

The sails made a sprinkler

Ahh, the joys of a Pilothouse and an inside Helm Station.

Try to imagine that dripping in 38 degress F. That is exactly what I
face out here

Ole Thom

John Cairns

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Joe.

The sails made a sprinkler

Ahh, the joys of a Pilothouse and an inside Helm Station.

Try to imagine that dripping in 38 degress F. That is exactly what I
face out here

Ole Thom

Or practically any temperature for that matter. My friend John and myself, I
admit, never thought much of the asthetics of full enclosures, I still
don't, for that matter. I will admit, it's nice being relatively dry during
night watches. I could see something like this on my boat with the addition
of screens, to keep the bugs out.

http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...eid=jkrets0063

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51754322gXYAOI

John Cairns

Joe

John Cairns wrote:
I could see something like this on my boat with the addition
of screens, to keep the bugs out.

http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...eid=jkrets0063

Thats how I started John, And it aint worth the investment!

They leak ,fall apart, are hard to fit, mold, rott ect. And did I say
leak?, because if I did not, i better say it again, they LEAK!!!

If you want a dry wheelhouse you have to go with a total hard top.
My pilot house can be removed with 6 bolts and an afternoon's work...
and be put on the dock.

My Wheelhouse is always DRY,COOL or WARM. Large clear hatch to
stargaze, Huge rool up Sunbrella canvas sides and stern hatch, the
windshield open forward for great air flow. Great all around
visibility. And since we live aboard this is allot of extra...
enjoyable.... living space.

Infact if you search google images for "RedCloud sailboat" you will see
the top I ended up tossing in a dumpster.

Mark my word! Don't do it!

Joe

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51754322gXYAOI

John Cairns

Joe

That dripping 38 degree water sure makes it hard to enjoy.

If you do not have a dry comfy place to enjoy the view and pilot your
vessel.....it might make you think about this crazy thing those yankees
do, Shrink wrap your boat....Bwahahahahahah.

It was 64degrees new years night here. The fog has been thick all year
long...

Joe

OT---New Years Traditions? Thom Stewart ASA 2 December 29th 04 01:41 PM
Happy Times . . .for now Michael ASA 0 July 2nd 04 12:16 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM