Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joe

Default Sea Chase

Was on TV last night.

It's one of John Waynes best flicks ever, even if he plays a German
Merchant Marine Master.

As the Capt. of his ship he signed his logs with the title of "Master"
not Master Mariner. The term Master Mariner is a made up term that no
one should ever dare use... unless they want to spit in the eye of
Neptune himself..

John Waynes role was a story of one of the most daring and skillfull
Mastering of a ship and crew to outwit the British Navy and bring his
men home. If you have not seen it... you're missing one of the best sea
stories ever filmed IMO.

The only Flik flub I noticed was after loading his freighter with 130
cords of wood the draft hardly changed at all. The rest of the film is
totally right on in every detail, unlike todays films. Take the Perfect
Storm for example I'm sure that had a tech directors with the titles of
Master Mariner that made real sailors look like idiots and retards.

The Sea Chase was on TCM.... perhaps they will re-run it Scotty if you
havent seen it, and since you have never seen The Wake of the Red
Witch, there is a good chance you have not seen Sea Chase.
**** a 4 star Movie

Joe