Capt. Neal®

Default I don't understand all this amateur telescope business.

What's the fascination with puny amateur telescopes when
you can go on the web and see pictures from the Hubble?

Why sail a Mac26X when you can sail a Swan?

CN

JG

Why sail a piece of crap Coronado? Oh wait, you don't actually sail.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
What's the fascination with puny amateur telescopes when
you can go on the web and see pictures from the Hubble?

Why sail a Mac26X when you can sail a Swan?

CN

Donal

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
What's the fascination with puny amateur telescopes when
you can go on the web and see pictures from the Hubble?

Good Capt., this is an excellent question. In fact, it is often asked by
people who are completely ignorant of our little Universe.

However, I am confident that you will understand the simple answer

Do you prefer to sail your own vessel ... or would you prefer to sit on the
decks of a large cruise liner?

As a Real Sailor, who understands the sea, you would only gain limited
pleasure from taking a vacation of a cruise ship. On the other hand, I'm
sure that you have often taken enormous satisfaction from your exploits in
your own vessel. You would also understand that someone who claimed to be
an "experienced sailor" after three "cruises" must be a bufoon!!

Viewing the wonders of the Universe with your own eyes is far superior to
looking at the Hubble web page.

Why sail a Mac26X when you can sail a Swan?

Only a bufoon could ask such a stupid question.

Regards

Donal

Joe

Very good answer Donal, but other are out to find out the truth.
Sagan said "we are all made of star stuff". What he meant by that was
that the chemical elements of which we and everything on Earth are
made, originated in the huge explosions which take place at the end of
a star's life. This explosion is called a supernova, and if it were not
for these explosions, none of the chemical elements heavier than Helium
would exist. There would be, for example, no oxygen or iron, two
elements which are essential to life on earth as we know it... and
steel sailboats.

I use my telescope to :
1) to learn how our Sun will evolve as it grows older
2) to learn how our galaxy will evolve
3) to learn how the universe will evolve

By evolution, I mean, what the fate of these things will be in millions
to billions of years. I hope this helps Capt.

Joe

Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Very good answer Donal, but other are out to find out the truth.
Sagan said "we are all made of star stuff". What he meant by that was
that the chemical elements of which we and everything on Earth are
made, originated in the huge explosions which take place at the end of
a star's life. This explosion is called a supernova, and if it were not
for these explosions, none of the chemical elements heavier than Helium
would exist. There would be, for example, no oxygen or iron, two
elements which are essential to life on earth as we know it... and
steel sailboats.

Don't you find it strange that a little supernova is able to produce all
these elements? After all, the great big grandaddy of all explosions, the
Big Bang, managed to produce only two elements!!!!

I use my telescope to :
1) to learn how our Sun will evolve as it grows older

Bull****!
What's gonna happen to our Sun?

2) to learn how our galaxy will evolve

How will it evolve?

3) to learn how the universe will evolve

It'll get bigger, huh? Perhaps you would tell us about your observations
and the conclusions that you have drawn.

Really Joe, I think that you overestimate your ability to interpret what
your instruments tell you. I bet that you have learned nothing at all
about the universe from your telescope. You could easily prove me wrong by
posting something that we haven't already read on the Intrernet - but I bet
that you can't!

Regards

Donal

Joe

1. It's going to burn out some day.
2. Expand until it all energy is used then it will collapse upon
itself.
3. I have learned I like star gazing.

And I think Ive found an astroid in an ellipital orbit that will strike
England around 3 PM April the 10th 2063. It's only approx 1.8 mi in
diameter.

What have you learned?
Do you astroproject your physic skills around the universe?

Joe

Capt. Neal®

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
1. It's going to burn out some day.
2. Expand until it all energy is used then it will collapse upon
itself.
3. I have learned I like star gazing.

I like star gazing too. Let's see now, I like to gaze at Nichole Kidman,
Elizabeth Hurley, Cate Blanchette, Sissy Spacek, Sigourney Weaver,
Elisha Cuthbert, Shania Twain, Cher, Paris Hilton, etc.

CN
Capt. Neal®

It was not the supernova that produced the heavy elements. The supernova scattered the elements produced in the red giant star as
the star collapsed in on itself and exploded. Our sun is producing heavy elements in its core as we speak. Being a second generation
star, however, the process may not have advanced to very far at this stage.

I hope this helps.

CN

"Donal" wrote in message ...

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Horvath

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:27:24 -0000, "Donal"
wrote this crap:

Don't you find it strange that a little supernova is able to produce all
these elements? After all, the great big grandaddy of all explosions, the
Big Bang, managed to produce only two elements!!!!

Shh! Yer making sense.

FS:Marine Business & Towing Service in Florida Seasurplus Marketplace 0 June 11th 04 06:20 PM
OT Bush hatred basskisser General 210 February 16th 04 02:46 PM
Small business in the US......... Bill Kiene General 4 October 23rd 03 03:22 PM
Bombardier sells rec vehicle business Larry W4CSC General 25 September 1st 03 10:14 PM