BoatBanter.com

-   -   Neal Warren, Master Mariner (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26271-neal-warren-master-mariner.html)

Bob Crantz December 16th 04 07:50 PM

Neal Warren, Master Mariner

He holds a Master Coast Guard License. You can't be a druggie or looney to
get one. In other words if you have one you are probably not going to hell!

Amen

Bob Crantz

Capt. Neal® December 16th 04 08:08 PM

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message k.net...
He holds a Master Coast Guard License. You can't be a druggie or looney to
get one. In other words if you have one you are probably not going to hell!

Amen

Bob Crantz

I think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head.

To my best knowledge, The Gay Psychotic One does
not hold a USCG license of any sort and this is could
be due to his inability to demonstrate he is drug free
and has never used in his younger years.

There is a very thorough FBI background check that
would uncover any past drug conviction, stays in a Looney
bin, any criminal activity such as child molestation, rape and
other deviant behavior. It follows that those of us who
hold a valid USCG license are fine, upstanding and moral
citizens worthy of being officers in the Merchant Marine
service.

God Bless the U.S. Coast Guard and all our
fine military branches.

CN

CaptMMA December 19th 04 04:34 AM

Subject: Neal Warren, Master Mariner
From: "Bob Crantz"
Date: 12/16/2004 11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

He holds a Master Coast Guard License. You can't be a druggie or looney to
get one. In other words if you have one you are probably not going to hell!

A Master's license does not make one a Master Mariner. Not even an unlimited
Master's license does that.

Capt.

Joe December 19th 04 02:54 PM

From: "Bob Crantz"
Date: 12/16/2004 11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

A Master's license does not make one a Master Mariner. Not even an

unlimited
Master's license does that.

That all depends on who defines "Master"

According to the USCG you are a "master of"

But according to the Sea....no one will master her.... ever....

You sign your post as Capt. Are you a licenced Capt, or just another
Bobspirt like Capt?

Joe

Capt.

CaptMMA December 19th 04 05:09 PM

From: "Joe"
Date: 12/19/2004 6:54 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Bob Crantz"

Date: 12/16/2004 11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

A Master's license does not make one a Master Mariner. Not even an

unlimited
Master's license does that.

That all depends on who defines "Master"

According to the USCG you are a "master of"

But according to the Sea....no one will master her.... ever....

You sign your post as Capt. Are you a licenced Capt, or just another
Bobspirt like Capt?

Joe

The term "Master Mariner" is an industry term, not a USCG term.
I'm licensed, but do not sign my post because of that, rather, because I've
sailed as that.
The term of address - Captain - applies to any Master of a vessel. However, the
term Master Mariner, only applies to those with unlimited licenses and there
are some variations within the industry as to it's use even for them.

Capt.

Joe December 20th 04 12:14 AM

From: "Joe"
Date: 12/19/2004 6:54 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Bob Crantz"

Date: 12/16/2004 11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

[...]

WOW thats very strange...My USCG Licences calls me a "Master of Freight
and Towing Vessels of not more than 1,600 ton upon oceans not more than
200 miles offshore".

The CG call me one.... and it is a limited license.

So you sir..... are full of ****! Another Bobspirt Capt.
Joe

Capt.

CaptMMA December 20th 04 04:35 AM

From: "Joe"

WOW thats very strange...My USCG Licences calls me a "Master of Freight
and Towing Vessels of not more than 1,600 ton upon oceans not more than
200 miles offshore".

The CG call me one.... and it is a limited license.

So you sir..... are full of ****! Another Bobspirt Capt.
Joe

The term being discussed, is "Master Mariner" not "Master".
I'm glad for you that the CG now calls you a Master, but that has nothing to do
with your being called a Master Mariner, which you're not and with your
license, never will be.

Capt

JG December 20th 04 05:35 AM

Forget Joey. He can barely read.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe December 20th 04 02:48 PM

So who defines the term Master Mariner?

In what profession is the term used, and who defines who deserves such
a high ranking?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Joe

Joe December 20th 04 03:12 PM

Oh...Let me guess... your a Master Mariner.

And you may be one if it is defined as a once in a while weekend
warrior sailing a gay, cheap, throw away quality Cal 20 ....while
wearing a Capt Stubing style Capt. Cap. and white jacket with gold bars
and tassels on the sholder.

Guess you have your student saluting you, and piping you aboard.

Joe