Bobsprit

Default An Apology....

I don't remember if it was John C. or Jeff, who smirked at the Nikon Coolpix
8800 over the Nikon D70.
You were 100% right. I have returned the 8800 for a D70 DSLR and also sold off
the higher MP Canon 20D. The Canon has terrible metering and the 8800 is no
better at low-light focusing than earlier models.
The D70 is a great DSLR.

Capt RB
John Cairns

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I don't remember if it was John C. or Jeff, who smirked at the Nikon
Coolpix
8800 over the Nikon D70.
You were 100% right. I have returned the 8800 for a D70 DSLR and also sold
off
the higher MP Canon 20D. The Canon has terrible metering and the 8800 is
no
better at low-light focusing than earlier models.
The D70 is a great DSLR.

Capt RB

Good choice. I could have got Canon for about $100 less if I had waited, but
I'm happy with my pick.

John Cairns

Bobsprit

Capt RB

Good choice. I could have got Canon for about $100 less if I had waited, but
I'm happy with my pick.

The 8800 was capable of taking great shots, but it's long lens caused problems
in low light. Aftre playing with the canon, I think the D70 takes even better
pics. Now I can start re-investing in lenses.
BTW, I also have the smaller-than-credit card sized Pentax Optio S5I. It's 5Mp
and soooo tiny, but this pic was taken with it. Handheld, macro/portrait mode.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sendbaby2.jpg
Not to shabby for one of the smallest cameras made.

RB
John Cairns

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Capt RB

Good choice. I could have got Canon for about $100 less if I had waited,
but
I'm happy with my pick.

The 8800 was capable of taking great shots, but it's long lens caused
problems
in low light. Aftre playing with the canon, I think the D70 takes even
better
pics. Now I can start re-investing in lenses.
BTW, I also have the smaller-than-credit card sized Pentax Optio S5I. It's
5Mp
and soooo tiny, but this pic was taken with it. Handheld, macro/portrait
mode.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sendbaby2.jpg
Not to shabby for one of the smallest cameras made.

RB

Funny, around the time I got mine, an anniversary gift from my wife, she
bought a S4i for herself, claimed she needed it. I told her it was just an
expensive toy, sure enough, she's had the thing for eight odd months and she
hasn't downloaded any of the handful of pictures she's taken with it.

John Cairns

Bobsprit

Funny, around the time I got mine, an anniversary gift from my wife, she
bought a S4i for herself, claimed she needed it. I told her it was just an
expensive toy, sure enough, she's had the thing for eight odd months and she
hasn't downloaded any of the handful of pictures she's taken with it.

Well, take it away from her!
The S4I is almost the same, just less MP. The Pentax lens is a bit soft at the
corners, especially full wide, but it's nothing to worry about and the camera
makes great 8X10 prints. There's even a tiny leather case for 15 bucks and a
wireless remote for 20. It's great when you don't want to lug the big camera
around.

RB

Capt. Neal®

Hey, Bobsprit,

What's the use of a good camera if one hasn't a
boat to take pictures of?

CN

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Funny, around the time I got mine, an anniversary gift from my wife, she
bought a S4i for herself, claimed she needed it. I told her it was just an
expensive toy, sure enough, she's had the thing for eight odd months and she
hasn't downloaded any of the handful of pictures she's taken with it.

Well, take it away from her!
The S4I is almost the same, just less MP. The Pentax lens is a bit soft at the
corners, especially full wide, but it's nothing to worry about and the camera
makes great 8X10 prints. There's even a tiny leather case for 15 bucks and a
wireless remote for 20. It's great when you don't want to lug the big camera
around.

RB

Bobsprit

What's the use of a good camera if one hasn't a
boat to take pictures of?

Neal will **** the Mathew Brady collection when he sees my new boat!

RB

Bobsprit

Put up or shut up . . .

I will, when the time is right and ripe!

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Bob, do you realize that Nelly's trash boat would fit inside your boat? Not
that I recommend it. The smell would be overwhelming.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

My Apology to Usenet Lady Pilot ASA 35 November 30th 04 01:25 AM
An Apology buck183 General 23 September 27th 04 01:08 PM
A heartfelt apology to the right from the left for our campaign ofhate, anger and malice against God's own president. Jim General 13 March 15th 04 12:54 PM
( OT ) Apology to John H Jim General 15 March 10th 04 12:28 PM