Bobsprit

most film is historically based on literature
there are many great films that are not.
great or ground breaking cinema can operate completely independent from
literature.

Except that no one teaches your statement. Story structure came before film.
Film has always drawn on literature, whether it's experimental or mainstreat.
And in case you didn't notice, we discussing a specific film here, so I have no
idea what you're all worked up about. Try following the thread next time.

RB
gonefishiing

worked up? about you disagreeing?
nah............not in the slightest.
don't take yourself so seriously there bobby

can you tell me what literature this is based on?:
i'm out of here for the night

scene 1
snow on the ground outside
a gritty street
a mirror on a wall
a door to the right
dimly lit room

a figure enters
leaves the room
and re-enters after a few seconds donning some sort of head gear, spouting
antennas and colored googles.
a propeller on top.

slowly at first, music can be heard
the volume increases
until the space is filled with sound
the jim morrision/doors track from Apacolypse Now

he gazes in the mirror with an expression of satisfaction
ready to take on battle.

he takes a seat, which wobbles under his wieght
in front of him is a
keyboard and monitor, a Titanium 10000 6800ghz machine
a 7/11 Big Gulp
digital surround sound Maguisum speakers line the walls on both sides

with a single finger he slowly searches the keyboard

and types:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
most film is historically based on literature
there are many great films that are not.
great or ground breaking cinema can operate completely independent from
literature.

Except that no one teaches your statement. Story structure came before
film.
Film has always drawn on literature, whether it's experimental or
mainstreat.
And in case you didn't notice, we discussing a specific film here, so I
have no
idea what you're all worked up about. Try following the thread next time.

RB

Joe

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
I rented the Van Helsing DVD from Blockbuster the other day and
watched it last night. A most excellent movie. Spectacular special
effects. Sexy women - even Dracula's wives - when they weren't
flying around being vicious.

If you haven't seen it. Go right now and rent the DVD. You won't
regret it. Two thumbs up.

CN

I will go rent it tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up, i havent seen much advertisement....I will go
rent it.
Wanna see spiderman 2 as well coming out tuesday. We have a 2 fer
tuesday here at the local yokal shop.

Joe
Scott Vernon

bob's never been to an art gallery, they all have 'no eating'
policies.

Scotty

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Puh-lease don't even suggest that Van Helsing pays any respect to

the
literary
sources. They are cartoons for those whose minds operate like

cartoons.

Oh My..... next you'll be cavorting through the halls of your local

art
gallery... giving long winded, erroneous opinions on the meaning of

each
piece displayed!

CM

Joe

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Saw it at the theater when it first came out. You're way behind the
times...go see National Treasure..it's not as good as Indiana Jones but it's
clever.

Clever?

Joe

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
I rented the Van Helsing DVD from Blockbuster the other day and
watched it last night. A most excellent movie. Spectacular special
effects. Sexy women - even Dracula's wives - when they weren't
flying around being vicious.

If you haven't seen it. Go right now and rent the DVD. You won't
regret it. Two thumbs up.

CN

katysails

Spiderman 2's already out here at Blcokbuster...why you guys so far behind?
We rented Riddick (was good but strange...I just like Bin Diesel) and have
Shrek 2 for today.

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Capt. Neal® wrote in message
I rented the Van Helsing DVD from Blockbuster the other day and
watched it last night. A most excellent movie. Spectacular special
effects. Sexy women - even Dracula's wives - when they weren't
flying around being vicious.

If you haven't seen it. Go right now and rent the DVD. You won't
regret it. Two thumbs up.

CN

I will go rent it tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up, i havent seen much advertisement....I will go
rent it.
Wanna see spiderman 2 as well coming out tuesday. We have a 2 fer
tuesday here at the local yokal shop.

Joe

Seahag

Hellboy's good for a giggle!

Seahag

"Overproof" wrote in message
Dawn of the Dead...SUCKED!!!... by comparison to the past movies I've
seen. Really... zombies can't run.. everyone knows that!!

Van Helsing was cool...I enjoyed it

Haven't seen Hellboy nor Riddeck... but I will.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Van Helsing has a script dumber than a rock and the CGI effects are
Scooby Doo
level. Along with Hellboy and the Chronicles of Riddick, it's the worst
movie
of the year. Two movies that at least make some effort a
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Capt RB

Overproof

Oh.. I'm going to see it alright... soon as I get clear of this darned
paperwork! :-)

I like all that Sci-Fi & Fantasy Adventure stuff....

CM

"Seahag" wrote in message
Hellboy's good for a giggle!

Seahag

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Van Helsing has a script dumber than a rock and the CGI effects are
Scooby Doo
level. Along with Hellboy and the Chronicles of Riddick, it's the worst
movie
of the year. Two movies that at least make some effort a
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and the remake of Dawn of the
Dead.

Capt RB

Capt. Neal®

It's Vin Diesel.