Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Overproof

Default 'Merican Beer...

Okay... I decided to take the advise and try Samuel Adams Beer.... so off
I went to the specialty beer store.... nope ... they don't stock it.. no
requests. They told me to try the local provincial Liquor Store. There I am
in the Import Beer section... there are shelves and shelves of brews...
labeled by region and country. Mexican, European, British, Brazilian,
Australian etc.... I mean most everybody and nation on the planet was
there..... guess which one was conspicuous in their absence.... you got
it... the USA!!!

So I asked the manager if they had any American Beer.... He started
laughing out loud! I kept looking at him in all seriousness... this
caused a pregnant pause and a reply of .... "Oh! you're Serious??"

I explained to him that I had been referred to try this brew by some Yankees
who had enough of me slagging their brewing abilities. He looked at me
sternly and replied... " Well you tell those good ole boys we had a shelf of
American Beers.... Samuel Adams included... we sold 3 six packs and the
rest went stale on the shelf..... So we dumped the lot and refused to
order anymore until they learn to brew decent beer" Well... we both had a
good laugh and I still haven't found that Samuel Adams that they couldn't
pawn off to the drunks up here.... even on a half price sale???

What's Up with Dat???

CM