Recobee

Default A Military Draft will make our Sails Draw Better!

Let's face it; the best way to deal with this mess we're in is to bring back
the draft. It should never have been stopped anyway. Look at what we now
have: A small bunch of weekend warriors, many of whom are poorly trained and
inadequately lead. Most never expecting to be in a firefight, and want to go
home. A lot of these men and women looked at the reserves as a part-time job.

Bring back the draft. Make it much more difficult to get a deferment. Make
every male (Females have little business in the military) serve two years in
the military before the age of 25, and then 4 years in the reserves. Make
certain they are paid a decent wage, and get decent benefits both before and
after their service. Also make certain that they understand that military
service is just that: MILITARY. That means fighting and dying for your
country's survival!

A large, well trained force, ready to go at a moment's notice is a strong
deterrent. This small, weak force, managed like some kind of lean cooperate
entity with business school methods just doesn't cut it. Don't they remeber
eco 101: Guns or Butter? We have a force that has been decimated by the
Liberals and mismanaged by the Conservatives. It may cost us less, but It will
not work!

Jonathan Ganz

What we really need is more wind distributed across the country. Then we'll
have
some use for the draft.

--
"j" ganz @@