BoatBanter.com

-   -   A Military Draft will make our Sails Draw Better! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24229-military-draft-will-make-our-sails-draw-better.html)

Recobee October 22nd 04 03:13 PM

A Military Draft will make our Sails Draw Better!

Let's face it; the best way to deal with this mess we're in is to bring back
the draft. It should never have been stopped anyway. Look at what we now
have: A small bunch of weekend warriors, many of whom are poorly trained and
inadequately lead. Most never expecting to be in a firefight, and want to go
home. A lot of these men and women looked at the reserves as a part-time job.

Bring back the draft. Make it much more difficult to get a deferment. Make
every male (Females have little business in the military) serve two years in
the military before the age of 25, and then 4 years in the reserves. Make
certain they are paid a decent wage, and get decent benefits both before and
after their service. Also make certain that they understand that military
service is just that: MILITARY. That means fighting and dying for your
country's survival!

A large, well trained force, ready to go at a moment's notice is a strong
deterrent. This small, weak force, managed like some kind of lean cooperate
entity with business school methods just doesn't cut it. Don't they remeber
eco 101: Guns or Butter? We have a force that has been decimated by the
Liberals and mismanaged by the Conservatives. It may cost us less, but It will
not work!

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 04:45 PM

What we really need is more wind distributed across the country. Then we'll
have
some use for the draft.

--
"j" ganz @@