BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay W/pics (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24121-re-fall-sail-chesapeake-bay-w-pics.html)

Bobsprit October 20th 04 12:01 AM

Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay W/pics

Among the lowest cost winches at that time, yes.

RB

Bubbles, you're full of ****!

Ozzy, I hope you know that Barient winches were much more expensive and Lewmar
is STILL one of the cheapest winches you can buy. Ever see an Anderson winch?

RB

Bobsprit October 20th 04 12:39 AM

is STILL one of the cheapest winches you can buy. Ever see an Anderson winch?

RB

"at the time" Bubbles...."at the time"

At the time Lewmar was a popular winch on low cost boats. Barient was the
pricey item.

RB

Bobsprit October 20th 04 12:35 PM

Ummm Billy, galvanised was used extensively right into the 70s

And dropped because of it's high failure rate without warning.
Really, Ozzy....is this YOU?

RB

Thom Stewart October 20th 04 11:01 PM

BB.

Everything about a Siedlemann is Temporary

Including your dopey responses?

Bill, I'm sure the memories of that trip will last just as long as if it
was made sailing a "Swan" :^)

And: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!"

Ole Thom

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 02:26 AM

Who cares what the damn thing costs, as long as it
works good and lasts.

Scotty

OzOne wrote in message
On 19 Oct 2004 23:39:53 GMT,

(Bobsprit) scribbled
thusly:

is STILL one of the cheapest winches you can

buy. Ever see an Anderson winch?

RB

"at the time" Bubbles...."at the time"

At the time Lewmar was a popular winch on low

cost boats. Barient was the
pricey item.

RB

So you were around then, buying winches?
I was, we bought Barlow and Lewmar because they

were at least as good
as the Barient at a better price.

Stick around, you might learn something

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been

expecting you.

Seahag October 21st 04 03:08 PM

"Thom Stewart" wrote:
BB.

Everything about a Siedlemann is Temporary

Including your dopey responses?

Bill, I'm sure the memories of that trip will last just as long as if it
was made sailing a "Swan" :^)

You've got that right! We really enjoy sailing with Scott, he's very mellow
and the boat is set up for easy handling. Everything works that needs to
for a FUN, relaxing sail!

Seahag

Scott Vernon October 21st 04 04:47 PM

You were just lucky that you didn't impale
yourself on that stuck winch handle, or that the
coil of line wasn't lifted by a seabreeze and tied
your hands and then push you into the water.
(these things happen in San Francisco).

Scotty

Jonathan Ganz October 21st 04 06:36 PM

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
You were just lucky that you didn't impale
yourself on that stuck winch handle, or that the
coil of line wasn't lifted by a seabreeze and tied
your hands and then push you into the water.
(these things happen in San Francisco).

Man, I was just going to type that!! g

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz October 22nd 04 03:17 AM

In article ,
katysails wrote:
So there, all you blabs...if Haggie says it's an ok boat, then it's an ok
boat and that's the end of it.

Who said it wasn't an ok boat?