Michael

Default Zebra Mussels? What is the best Cure

Since I'm in the GL and St. L. etc. next year the time has come to see if my
high copper content with a little red pepper mixed in anti foul is enough to
defeat the pesky little critters. If not what do you use back there that
works best?

Thanks

M.

John Cairns

Have never seen one attached to any part of my boat, I use VC17m extra. I
don't think they like any anti-fouling, whatever you're using now will
probably work here.
John Cairns
"Michael" wrote in message
Since I'm in the GL and St. L. etc. next year the time has come to see if
my
high copper content with a little red pepper mixed in anti foul is enough
defeat the pesky little critters. If not what do you use back there that
works best?

Thanks

M.

Vito

"katysails" wrote
they're too small to eat....they're not even as big as a fingernail.....

What about washing then boiling a mess of then and use the stock for a
chowder?

Seahag

"Vito" wrote:
"katysails" wrote
they're too small to eat....they're not even as big as a fingernail.....

What about washing then boiling a mess of then and use the stock for a
chowder?

Yeah, would make a good mussel stew: olive oil, wine, some fresh basil, and
a loaf of crusty bread to sop it all up with!

Seahag

Martin Baxter

Michael wrote:

Since I'm in the GL and St. L. etc. next year the time has come to see if my
high copper content with a little red pepper mixed in anti foul is enough to
defeat the pesky little critters. If not what do you use back there that
works best?

Never had one stick to the bottom, I use Interlux XXX, I think you may not be able to get that in the US, too much copper.

Cheers
Marty (L. Ont.)

Martin Baxter

Vito wrote:

"katysails" wrote

they're too small to eat....they're not even as big as a fingernail.....

What about washing then boiling a mess of then and use the stock for a
chowder?

Don't forget that the things concentrate heavy metals and chemical toxins, if you wish to become a walking night light eat em, otherwise I'd not
recommend consuming the things.

Cheers
Marty