Gilligan

Default Absolute Brilliance

Here's a quote from Barry Goldwater:

"However, on religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is
no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs.
There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ,
or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any
powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used
sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are
not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force
government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you
disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they
complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm
frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country
telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe
in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where
do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And
I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every
religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote
on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them
every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all
Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

Now there was a man with principles and spine! What he said then is so
applicable today. In your heart, you know he's right!

Gilligan

Gilligan

Dead people have been elected before. Just look at the dead guy in Missouri
a few years ago. He still won.

If Goldwater wins, I say dig him up (he was cremated), better yet, place an
ashtray on the desk and let him have at it. He'd be great! Just remember the
guidepost for medicine: "Do no harm" and rest assured, Barry will do no
harm! If the choice is between Goldwater and Kerry, I say: "better dead than
Red!" If you find the ashtray unappealing, you can use a Goldwater mannequin
or ventriloquist dummy. Vote early and often! Goldwater!!!

Gilligan

"katysails" wrote in message
He's dead....

"Gilligan" wrote in message
news
[...]

Maxprop

"Scout" wrote in message
"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

True to the word...
Where are these men when you need them the most....

It's because they're gone that we do.

The era of politicians with principle and steel is gone. I fear we're going
to be assaulted increasingly by those for whom campaign funds and special
interests are their gods, and outright lies are their truths.

Max

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Gilligan wrote:
Here's a quote from Barry Goldwater:

on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them
every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all
Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

Do we have no honorable and electable politicians today?

Bush is certainly not honorable, and Kerry, while better than Bush,
may not be electable.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Gilligan wrote:
Dead people have been elected before. Just look at the dead guy in Missouri
a few years ago. He still won.

Yeah, Asscroft lost to a dead guy.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:
The era of politicians with principle and steel is gone. I fear we're going
to be assaulted increasingly by those for whom campaign funds and special
interests are their gods, and outright lies are their truths.

Max, yet you support a guy who derided McCain for being unpatriotic,
who in my opinion, comes closest to being honorable and electable.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Thom Stewart

Gilly,

I thought the world of Barry but there were time when he was really
wrong ad couldn't see it.

Do you believe he was right on his willing to use "the Bomb?"

Absolute proof (On topic) Gould 0738 General 4 July 25th 04 06:44 PM
Absolute must read Vito ASA 21 June 10th 04 06:25 AM
Some brilliance for an otherwise dull group Bob Crantz ASA 5 May 7th 04 12:23 PM
new sailboats for sale - ABSOLUTE BERGAIN Pawel Lawinski_GALON LTD. ASA 0 October 16th 03 06:54 PM
No, that's not brilliance. Diesel_Don ASA 1 September 27th 03 06:44 PM