Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bobspirt wrote:
I didn't bother to check the headers... oh well, I wish the
sockpuppets would go away. Pretty stupid, juvey behavior. BRBR

Who cares who wrote it. Its a legit question, and you took the time to answer
it. How come you also don't seem to get a straight answer about dockage? No
marinas seem to want them. And what about parts and repairs? Need special
travel lifts and two of everything to maintain.

It matters because sockpuppets who aren't funny are stupid.

Dockage isn't usually an issue out here nor anywhere I've been. What
special parts??? duplicate anchors??? travel lifts are an issue, but
you can also beach them pretty easily.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Bobspirt

2 engines, 2 heads, 2 hulls worth of hatches, deck fittings, deck seams, etc.,
2 steering systems . . .

Is the rule that sockpuppets have to be funny a new one?

Now, that Gunboat might make you forget about all that.
Jeff Morris

"Bobspirt" wrote in message
I didn't bother to check the headers... oh well, I wish the
sockpuppets would go away. Pretty stupid, juvey behavior. BRBR

Who cares who wrote it. Its a legit question, and you took the time to answer
it. How come you also don't seem to get a straight answer about dockage? No
marinas seem to want them.

I said home dockage can be a problem. However, transient space is not.

And what about parts and repairs? Need special
travel lifts and two of everything to maintain.

What "two of everything"? Yes there are often two identical engines. A bit
more work at oil change time. But twin engines is the ultimate backup. The
rigging, on the other hand, is smaller because you're not dragging around 3 tons
of lead. Yes I need a larger lift than most, but I can beach the boat to clean
the bottom or change props.

Jeff Morris

"Bobspirt" wrote in message
2 engines,

some have only one engine. Two engines is an advantage more often than not.

2 heads,

the shows you're not really a sailor. Many medium size, and most larger
monohulls have two heads. My cat, and most under 40 feet have one head.

2 hulls worth of hatches,

now you're complaining they too much ventilation. This proves you're not a
sailor.

deck fittings,

???? Too many cleats???? Have you ever been on a boat?

deck seams, etc.,
2 steering systems . . .

You mean having a spare rudder is a problem? BTW, an number of new monohulls
have two rudders.

Is the rule that sockpuppets have to be funny a new one?

Now, that Gunboat might make you forget about all that.

Bobspirt

Well, Jeff, anyone can say having two of everything is an advantage because of
the redundancy factor, but then why not have 3 of everything. This is exactly
the sort of spin-like answer you get from multi-hullers, and the reason for the
original post. All talk from multi-hullers is defensive of their choice (or,
in your case, ad hominem attacks - you've been on ASA too long), rather than an
honest discussion of the pro's and con's. Even Chris White's book is pure
advocacy. It's too bad, because some folks out there are just looking for the
straight poop. Happy sailing to you.

Jeff Morris

You call that an "ad hominem" attack? You started your post implying all
catamaran owners are liars! Ask a serious question and I'll give a serious
answer. Complain about extra hatches and I'll call you a fool. And using a
forged sig marks you as scum of the earth, so you aren't owed any respect at
all.

I question your understanding of modern boats. While its true that larger cats
geared towards the charter business have 2, or sometimes even more heads, the
same is true for monohulls. At the last two boatshows I went to last month
(Newport and Boston) I went on board most of the 40 footers; they all had two
heads. Complaining that some cats have two heads is a reflection of your
experience.

Complaining about "two deck seams" means you haven't even thought about the
basic geometry - while there may be some extra "seamage" given the LOA, its less
usually less than a multihull of the same "area on deck" I would concede that
multihulls often require some serious engineering and modern materials, but that
explains why the modern cruising cat has only been developed in the last 15 or
20 years.

"Bobspirt" wrote in message
Well, Jeff, anyone can say having two of everything is an advantage because of
the redundancy factor, but then why not have 3 of everything. This is exactly
the sort of spin-like answer you get from multi-hullers, and the reason for

the
original post. All talk from multi-hullers is defensive of their choice (or,
in your case, ad hominem attacks - you've been on ASA too long), rather than

an
honest discussion of the pro's and con's. Even Chris White's book is pure
advocacy. It's too bad, because some folks out there are just looking for the
straight poop. Happy sailing to you.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bobspirt wrote:
2 engines, 2 heads, 2 hulls worth of hatches, deck fittings, deck seams, etc.,
2 steering systems . . .

Is the rule that sockpuppets have to be funny a new one?

Now, that Gunboat might make you forget about all that.

If there's someone out there who speaks ebonics, could you please
translate?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Sockpuppet stupidsockpuppet wrote:
Well, Jeff, anyone can say having two of everything is an advantage because of
the redundancy factor, but then why not have 3 of everything. This is exactly
the sort of spin-like answer you get from multi-hullers, and the reason for the
original post. All talk from multi-hullers is defensive of their choice (or,
in your case, ad hominem attacks - you've been on ASA too long), rather than an
honest discussion of the pro's and con's. Even Chris White's book is pure
advocacy. It's too bad, because some folks out there are just looking for the
straight poop. Happy sailing to you.

This idiot never heard of trimarans.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Bobspirt

Jon, you, a racist? Who'd a thunk it.
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bobspirt wrote:
Jon, you, a racist? Who'd a thunk it.

Only for asinine sockpuppets.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Difficulty Tracking Straight in Kayak No Spam General 4 August 31st 04 07:21 PM
Answer to #2 Bobsprit ASA 0 June 16th 04 12:39 PM
Radar Arc's and blips, the answer Steve Cruising 20 December 25th 03 12:07 AM
Waiting for Bobshit's answer Horvath ASA 6 September 21st 03 11:31 PM