Horvath

Default Waiting for Bob****'s answer

Answer one question. When Hans Blix was looking for proof of this,
why was he thwarted every step of the way? it seem reasonable that if
Saddam had disposed of his weapons, then he would have had proof, and
he would have gladly shown it to Hans Blix, therefore complying with
the UN resolutions.

I'll wait for your answer, but I won't hold my breath.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Jonathan Ganz

Actually, as I recall even Iranian Jews (few though they were) could
practice their religion. I think there was a news show a couple of years
ago that highlighted them.

"Donal" wrote in message

"Horvath" wrote in message

Answer one question. When Hans Blix was looking for proof of this,
why was he thwarted every step of the way? it seem reasonable that if
Saddam had disposed of his weapons, then he would have had proof, and
he would have gladly shown it to Hans Blix, therefore complying with
the UN resolutions.

I'll wait for your answer, but I won't hold my breath.

Horvath, I salute you! You must be really very clever to be able to - so
effectively -, project such an illusion of total ignorance.

Just in case there are readers who are as stupid as you pretend to be, I
will answer your clever question.

Iraq had been at war with Iran for many years. The two countries were

still
mortal enemies because Iran was a Fundamentalist Muslim state while Iraq

was
a secular state, where even Jews were free to practise their religion. It
would have been very dangerous for Saddam to admit that he did not posess
chemical weapons

Saddam probably felt a greater threat from Iran than he did from the US.
After all, Saddam had been sponsored by the US for many years, and he had
never attacked anyone without the permission of the US.

Regards

Donal

Horvath

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:59:52 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Actually, as I recall even Iranian Jews (few though they were) could
practice their religion. I think there was a news show a couple of years
ago that highlighted them.

Would YOU stop jews from practicing their religion? Last time that
happened, there was the ten plagues.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

Jeff Morris

It was easy to allow the several hundred remaining Jews to worship. You're forgetting
that at least 125,000 were evicted and not allowed to take more than a few hundred dollars
of property. The Ba'ath Party finished the job with public hangings of Jewish leaders in
'69. Some estimates claim that 40% of the population of Baghdad was Jewish 100 years
ago.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news_arti...p?article=2612

"Donal" wrote in message
Iraq had been at war with Iran for many years. The two countries were still
mortal enemies because Iran was a Fundamentalist Muslim state while Iraq was
a secular state, where even Jews were free to practise their religion.

Donal

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
It was easy to allow the several hundred remaining Jews to worship.

You're forgetting
that at least 125,000 were evicted and not allowed to take more than a few

hundred dollars
of property. The Ba'ath Party finished the job with public hangings of

Jewish leaders in
'69. Some estimates claim that 40% of the population of Baghdad was

Jewish 100 years
ago.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news_arti...p?article=2612

You are correct. However, before the recent war, there were Jews living in
Iraq ... and they were free to practise their religion.

Also, Iraq was the only country in the region where Christians were free to
practice their faith. In theory, and to a lesser extent, in practice, there
was *more* freedom of religious expression in Saddam's Iraq, than in any of
the neighbouring countries.

Regards

Donal

WTB Laser Sailboat wanted - cash waiting for clean late model in USA Wedac Marketplace 1 August 26th 11 03:49 PM
canyon waiting list obdave General 1 February 7th 04 07:16 PM
Radar Arc's and blips, the answer Steve Cruising 20 December 25th 03 12:07 AM
Since Booby can't answer the question Simple Simon ASA 13 September 3rd 03 02:07 AM
I have the answer. Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 August 15th 03 06:58 AM