Vito

Default OT - After you vote ....

Walking down the street one day a US senator is hit by a truck and dies. His
soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter.

"Welcome to heaven," says St. Peter. "Before you settle in, there is a
problem. We seldom see a senator around these parts, so we're not sure
what to do with you so we'll have you spend one day in hell and one in
heaven. Then you can choose where to spend eternity. And with that, St.
Peter escorts him to the elevator and he goes down to hell. The doors open
and he finds himself in the middle of a green golf course. In the distance
is a clubhouse and standing in front of it are all his friends and other
politicians who had worked with him. Everyone is very happy and in evening
dress. They run to greet him, shake his hand, and reminisce about the good
times they had while getting rich at expense of the people. They play a
friendly game of golf and then dine on lobster, caviar and champagne. They
are having such a good time that before he he realizes it, it is time to go.
Everyone gives him a hearty farewell and waves while the elevator rises. The
elevator goes up, and the door reopens on heaven where St. Peter is waiting
for him. So, 24 hours pass with the senator joining a group of contented
souls moving from cloud to cloud, playing the harp and singing. They have a
good time and, before he realizes it, the 24 hours have gone by and St.
Peter returns.

"Well then, you've spent a day in hell and another in heaven. Now choose
your eternity." The senator reflects for a minute, then answers: Well,
heaven has been delightful, but I think I'd be better off in hell." So St.
Peter escorts him to the elevator and he goes down to hell. Now the doors of
the elevator open and he's in the middle of a barren land covered with waste
and garbage. He sees all his friends, dressed in rags, picking up the trash
and putting it in black bags. "I don't understand," stammers the senator.
"Yesterday I was here and there was a golf course and club, and we ate
lobster and caviar, drank champagne and danced and had a great time. Now
all there is a wasteland full of garbage and my friends look miserable. What
happened?"

The devil looks at him, smiles and says, "Yesterday we were
campaigning...... Today you voted.