Gilligan

Default Why the Mockery?

Why must everyone deride and mock the Good Captain? He is one of the few to
think primarily of ideas, of cause and effect. He's consistently kept this
board on track with pertinent sailing related topics and broadened it by
applying time tested truths to the world at large. I, for one, admire the
Good Captain who disdains the fashionable for the correct and true! He is a
real life role model for everyone, being a principled humantarian and
philosopher. The Good Captain knows the difference between "fun" and
contentment. God Bless him.

Gilligan

Bobsprit

He's consistently kept this
board on track with pertinent sailing related topics and broadened it by

He isn't here any more and so he's not consistant in anything that we know
about. He sailed a crappy boat, an ugly boat and issued dangerous advise on a
regular basis. When his boat suffered a broken boom, he made a questionable
repair. When his boat needed new sails, he sought out a bargain rather than
finding better sails. He's a lot like Scotty Potti but with a marginally better
boat.

RB
Gilligan

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

He isn't here any more and so he's not consistant in anything that we know
about.

{sp: consistent} Not true, the Good Captain stayed the course.

He sailed a crappy boat, an ugly boat and issued dangerous advise on a
regular basis.

The Good Captain rightfully chose function over form. His advice was only
dangerous to those who were not expert mariners such as he.

When his boat suffered a broken boom, he made a questionable
repair.

He showed extreme resourcefullness. The repair still functions perfectly
today and it is the optimal repair for that condition.

When his boat needed new sails, he sought out a bargain rather than
finding better sails.

The Good Captain can set his sails so well and his boat responds so quickly
and efficiently(because of its highly modified hull form) that there is very
little force upon the rigging and sails.

He's a lot like Scotty Potti but with a marginally better
boat.

That's a great compliment to Scotti. I really like his Siedelberg boat.

Gilligan

RB

SAIL LOCO

The Good Captain can set his sails so well and his boat responds so quickly
and efficiently(because of its highly modified hull form) that there is very
little force upon the rigging and sails.

WHAT?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"

Scott Vernon

blush

"Bobsprit" wrote ...
When his boat needed new sails, he sought out a bargain rather than
finding better sails. He's a lot like Scotty Potti but not as cute

RB

Maxprop

"Gilligan" wrote in message

Why must everyone deride and mock the Good Captain? He is one of the few

think primarily of ideas, of cause and effect. He's consistently kept this
board on track with pertinent sailing related topics and broadened it by
applying time tested truths to the world at large. I, for one, admire the
Good Captain who disdains the fashionable for the correct and true! He is

real life role model for everyone, being a principled humantarian and
philosopher. The Good Captain knows the difference between "fun" and
contentment. God Bless him.

Mr. Milstead,

Any idea when "the capt." might return???? Huh?

Max

Maxprop

"Maxprop" wrote in message

"Gilligan" wrote in message

Why must everyone deride and mock the Good Captain? He is one of the few

think primarily of ideas, of cause and effect. He's consistently kept

this
board on track with pertinent sailing related topics and broadened it by
applying time tested truths to the world at large. I, for one, admire

the
Good Captain who disdains the fashionable for the correct and true! He

is
real life role model for everyone, being a principled humantarian and
philosopher. The Good Captain knows the difference between "fun" and
contentment. God Bless him.

Mr. Milstead,

Any idea when "the capt." might return???? Huh?

Max

I'm still awaiting an answer, Mr. Milstead.

Max

Donal

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm still awaiting an answer, Mr. Milstead.

Daily reminders are an ineffective waste of bandwidth. Perhaps you could
issue an annual reminder instead??

Regards

Donal