Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan Ganz

Default OT Clinton's book

I just finished Clinton's book My Life. Whew... that
was one tough read, even though in some spots is was
really great. He was amazingly even-handed with the
Republicans, including Dole, Gingrich, and DeLay, but
of course did not have nice things to say about Starr,
etc.

My suggestion is than unless you're a totall Bubbamaniac,
skip the first 24 chapters (about 300 pages) of the 1000
page volume. It's somewhat interesting only if you're really
interested in his childhood. The good stuff starts in chapter
25, and quickly becomes a page turner. I suggest scanning
the first 24 chapters.

I think even those leaning right would enjoy many parts
of the book.

One thing I didn't find appealing was his sort of smarmy
attempt to fall back on his religion as a mechanism for
healing himself. I don't think it was a bad thing, but
the volume of it was too great to be believable.

Some of the stuff he discusses, I completely forgot about,
and it was good to be reminded of the successes and failures
of his tenure.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com