Joe

Default Pensacola Waves

Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

Joe
Scott Vernon

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

yeah! up and over the local 7-11 store.

Scotty

Joe

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

yeah! up and over the local 7-11 store.

The really bigs waves were close to 100 miles offshore Scotty.
The area is called Mississippi canyon. Its almost as big as the grand
canyon but its underwater and the waves formed close to the canyons
rim. One company lost a really big 400 million + dollar drilling rig
called the Neptune. It was found 78 miles off location today and seems
to be in undamaged condition minus all 8 of the anchors and anchor
cables.

Oh well... some of my buddies will make some mucho denero putting her
back in her place and settin her new anchors. Makes me wish I owned an
anchor handling boat. Setting anchors in 1100 foot of water pays well.

Joe

Scotty

Parallax

"katysails" wrote in message ...
In the Gulf, that means you'd probably be looking at the bottom....
"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

yeah! up and over the local 7-11 store.

Scotty

Gulf gets very deep 100 miles south of Pensacola.
JAXAshby

how deep within 10 miles?

(Parallax)

Joe

"katysails" wrote in message ...
In the Gulf, that means you'd probably be looking at the bottom....

You dont know much about the Gulf do you Katy?

Joe

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

yeah! up and over the local 7-11 store.

Scotty

36 foot waves forecasted for Florida western panhandle, but Saturday looks good. JAXAshby General 19 September 18th 04 05:56 AM
Trip from Guntersville Lake Al to Pensacola Fl Ron Patterson ASA 2 August 27th 04 12:28 AM
Rogue Waves - Reuters Bob Crantz ASA 12 July 27th 04 12:45 AM
Off To Pensacola Ron Patterson ASA 2 March 5th 04 04:14 PM
Monster waves Rick ASA 58 December 6th 03 12:20 AM