Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Mr. Poodle is clearly the ignorant one. He thinks that it's ok to put
more guns on the streets.

That's precisely what the so-called assault weapons ban did. Since it
didn't exclude those guns already manufactured and/or imported, hundreds of
thousands (probably millions) of semi-auto, paramilitary weapons were sold
to people who figured such guns would be scarce on down the road.

Just another example of governmental good intentions ****ing up and causing
the exact opposite effect, which seems to be the rule rather than the
exception.

Max

Jonathan Ganz

In article k.net,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Mr. Poodle is clearly the ignorant one. He thinks that it's ok to put
more guns on the streets.

That's precisely what the so-called assault weapons ban did. Since it
didn't exclude those guns already manufactured and/or imported, hundreds of
thousands (probably millions) of semi-auto, paramilitary weapons were sold
to people who figured such guns would be scarce on down the road.

Just another example of governmental good intentions ****ing up and causing
the exact opposite effect, which seems to be the rule rather than the
exception.

Violent crime dropped under the Clinton administration. It's now on
the rise again... thanks to Bu**** and company.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Gilligan

Jonathan, Thanks for the information. I'm going out to stock up on some more
assault rifles. Will you be able to buy some in California? I'd recommend
the H&K model 91 for some real firepower. Get at least a dozen 30 round
magazines.

Gilligan

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
If you get a chance, tune into Nightline tonight.

TONIGHT'S FOCUS: For 10 years, it has been illegal in this country to
manufacture or distribute some of the most deadly semi-automatic guns
in the world. The majority of the public supports this ban and at
least by some measures, gun violence has abated. So why are most of
the Congress, the President, and the Democratic contender for the
White House all looking the other way while this law is set to expire
next week, returning these assault weapons to the streets?

In 1994, Congress passed, and President Clinton signed the assault
weapons ban, effectively making 19 different types of semiautomatic
firearms and high-capacity magazines illegal. Of course, this wasn't a
complete ban - guns already on the market were exempted and an
additional 650 types of semiautomatic weapons commonly used for
self-defense, hunting and target practice were allowed. Critics and
supporters of the ban agreed that the law had flaws. But now, 10 years
later, polls show most Americans support the law.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Gilligan wrote:
Jonathan, Thanks for the information. I'm going out to stock up on some more
assault rifles. Will you be able to buy some in California? I'd recommend
the H&K model 91 for some real firepower. Get at least a dozen 30 round
magazines.

No, but I'm not that far from Nevada... :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Capt. Mooron

Good Advice Gilligan..... but no armory is complete without a .Barnet .50
cal.

Good to see you back..... now all we need is Capt. Neal!

CM

"Gilligan" wrote in message
ink.net...
| Jonathan, Thanks for the information. I'm going out to stock up on some
more
| assault rifles. Will you be able to buy some in California? I'd recommend
| the H&K model 91 for some real firepower. Get at least a dozen 30 round
| magazines.
|
| Gilligan
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| If you get a chance, tune into Nightline tonight.
|
| TONIGHT'S FOCUS: For 10 years, it has been illegal in this country to
| manufacture or distribute some of the most deadly semi-automatic guns
| in the world. The majority of the public supports this ban and at
| least by some measures, gun violence has abated. So why are most of
| the Congress, the President, and the Democratic contender for the
| White House all looking the other way while this law is set to expire
| next week, returning these assault weapons to the streets?
|
| In 1994, Congress passed, and President Clinton signed the assault
| weapons ban, effectively making 19 different types of semiautomatic
| firearms and high-capacity magazines illegal. Of course, this wasn't a
| complete ban - guns already on the market were exempted and an
| additional 650 types of semiautomatic weapons commonly used for
| self-defense, hunting and target practice were allowed. Critics and
| supporters of the ban agreed that the law had flaws. But now, 10 years
| later, polls show most Americans support the law.
|

| --
| Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
| http://www.sailnow.com
| "If there's no wind, row."

DSK

Gilligan wrote:
Jonathan, Thanks for the information. I'm going out to stock up on some more
assault rifles. Will you be able to buy some in California? I'd recommend
the H&K model 91 for some real firepower. Get at least a dozen 30 round
magazines.

That's a nice gun. I don't know why you'd need that many magazines though.

At one point in my life I had an FN-FAL. Accurate, easier to clean than
the H&K... a little clunky though. The real pick of the bunch IMHO is
the H&R T-48.

Hey Gilly what do you think of a stainless Ruger G-1 to carry on the
tugboat? With a bayonet, of course!

DSK

Gilligan

I'm not familiar with the G-1 but I have a stainless Mini-14. The chamber is
oversized so it can fire that cheap steel cased Russian ammo no problem. My
Contender won't chamber the Russian ammo, probably because of the laquered
cases. Make sure along with guns you also have cigars and whiskey (single
malt). The FN is a fine weapon. .308 ammo is expensive nowadays. As you
know, I heartily approve of firearms on boats.
How's your trawler doing? Have you gone on any long cruises? Do you tow a
small daysailer behind?