Bobsprit

Is that the same dark-hulled one that a few weeks ago decided to take
down its sails and drift in the middle of an on-going race near Can 1
near Exec. Rocks while pretending not to notice the inconvenience
caused to the racers?

I doubt it. But you might wonder why a boat would do so such a thing. Did
anyone contact her to see if there was a problem? I only ask because a big DS
Hunter with a dark blue hull had a medical emergency a few weeks back and was
trying to hail a race committee boat near there, but had to wait until a guy in
a powerboat helped out.

RB
Bobsprit

The boat I referred to was a black or maybe very dark-blue Tayana 48,
not a Hunter, with lolling/grinning people on it not evidently in
distress.

I am certain that you saw a Hunter DS which is about the same size. She was
near execution rocks. I heard her distress call from my club. The Tayana wasn't
sailing at the time as she had no headsails. The Hunter from Jersey City
complained long and hard about it when he got to Harlem Yacht Club.
Dispite your effort to troll, you now know what happened. A lady on board had a
ruptured cist and was in agony. They dropped sail and called for help. Quite a
few race boats around and no one lifted a finger. If you were among those boats
SHAME ON YOU. Ask around if you think this is a story. Just about everyone on
City Island, Douglaston and Bayside heard about it.

RB

On 28 Aug 2004, (Bobsprit) wrote:

The boat I referred to was a black or maybe very
dark-blue Tayana 48, not a Hunter, with
lolling/grinning people on it not evidently in
distress.

I am certain . . .

. . . but not factually correctly so . . .

. . . that you saw a Hunter DS which is about the same
size. She was near execution rocks. I heard her distress
call from my club. The Tayana wasn't sailing at the time
. . .

. . . what "time" was that? . . .

. . . as she had no headsails . . . .

. . . and the boat to which I referred, correctly, as a very
dark-hulled ayana 48 did not have any sails up at the time and,
instead (and as I said), was drifting.

The Hunter from Jersey City complained long
and hard about it when he got to Harlem Yacht Club.

Except that I've seen it a few times before, I do not have any idea
where the Tayana 48 to which I referred generally is moored or kept at
a slip, though, in light of where I have seen it, I surmise it is
somewhere near Manhassett or City Island.

Dispite your effort to troll, you now know what
happened. A lady on board had a ruptured cist
and was in agony. They dropped sail and called
for help. Quite a few race boats around and no
one lifted a finger. If you were among those
boats SHAME ON YOU. Ask around if you think
this is a story. Just about everyone on City Island,
Douglaston and Bayside heard about it.

Having at the time been monitoring both Ch. 16 and also scanning
commonly used other channels but not having heard any distress (or any
other medically-related) calls, but having also been close enough to
see apparently relaxed/grinning faces of a number of the boat's
occupants, there was no apparent reason to believe that anyone on the
Tayana 48 to which I referred was experiencing any discomfort, much
less pain, not even discomfort about interfering with the then
on-going sail boat race in whose course they had chosen to drift
despite what might have been any number of less incosiderate places
very nearby in which they might have chosen to hang-out.

If on another day and time someone on that boat had a medical
emergency, so be it.