Jeff Morris

Default Too Much Politics

Flip-flopping again, eh Scout? Spoken like a true liberal. ;-}

"Scout" wrote in message
er, I mean, I'd have to say YES.

"Scout" wrote in message
I'd have to say no to that one Jeff, since I complain about the OTs AND

I've
contributed plenty of on topic discussion.
And by the way, strictly speaking, it's not being OT that I'm complaining
about, but the relentless beating of dead horses, the sheer volume of
redundant rhetoric, and the boring, boring, boringness of armchair
politicians.
Scout

"Jeff Morris" wrote
Am I the only one that thinks that people who complain about
OT posts never actually contribute any On Topic posts?

FamilySailor

Here is a neat trick. If someone posts an OT topic, but fails to label it as
OT, a hint that it is OT is if it contains the words "Kerry" or "Bush" in
the subject. Odds are it is not a sailing post. Nobody told me this, I
figured it out on my own...... ;o)

Jonathan Ganz

Kerry does wind surfing.
Bush is a stinkpotter.

In article , FamilySailor wrote:
Here is a neat trick. If someone posts an OT topic, but fails to label it as
OT, a hint that it is OT is if it contains the words "Kerry" or "Bush" in
the subject. Odds are it is not a sailing post. Nobody told me this, I
figured it out on my own...... ;o)

Time to do more figuring...

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

FamilySailor

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Kerry does wind surfing.
Bush is a stinkpotter.

Jibe talkin.....
Bee Gees I think

Jonathan Ganz

In article , FamilySailor wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Kerry does wind surfing.
Bush is a stinkpotter.

Jibe talkin.....
Bee Gees I think

I was trying to get back to a sailing topic. Those are facts, however.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

FamilySailor

Jibe talkin.....
Bee Gees I think

so was I "jibe" ;o)
I guess I should have tacked not jibed :-o

Joe

"Mike Mc" wrote in message ...
Am I the only one that thinks that people are posting an unnaceptable amount
of OT posts about political issues? There are dedicated newsgroups for
discussing such stuff. At the moment it seems like 50% of the posts in here
are non-sailing related.

Gee Mike MC,

Ive seen 2 post by you here.... and neither are sailing related.

So it seems you are the worst offended by far.

Joe
Maxprop

"Mike Mc"
whined:

Am I the only one that thinks that people are posting an unnaceptable

amount
of OT posts about political issues?

No. Others share your opinion.

There are dedicated newsgroups for
discussing such stuff. At the moment it seems like 50% of the posts in

here
are non-sailing related.

You're low. It's more like 70%.

If it bothers you, why don't you post a sailing-related topic?

Max

Vito

Default OT - Too Much Politics

Thing is sailing is NOT immune to poliitics.