Jonathan Ganz

Default Too Much Politics

Yep... mainly because all the right-wing freaks
will have retired to their underground bunkers
for another 7-year cycle.

In article bHV0ZWZpc2s=.847bb3cdb05116d130f635b368f64f8a@109 2254606.nulluser.com,
John Deere wrote:
Mike Mc wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks that people are posting an unnaceptable

amount
of OT posts about political issues? There are dedicated newsgroups for
discussing such stuff. At the moment it seems like 50% of the posts in

here
are non-sailing related.

At this point in history, people get a lot more worked up about
presidential politics than about what brand of antifouling works best in
South Florida. The topic of all newsgroups is trolling first, then flying,
then mountain climbing, then wife swaping, or whatever the hell the
newsgroup name says it's about. Now politics is good bait. By December, I
doubt you will find much political talk here.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

gonefishiing

wife swapping
where's that one?

"John Deere" wrote in message
news:bHV0ZWZpc2s=.847bb3cdb05116d130f635b368f64f8a @1092254606.nulluser.com..
..
Mike Mc wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks that people are posting an unnaceptable

amount
of OT posts about political issues? There are dedicated newsgroups for
discussing such stuff. At the moment it seems like 50% of the posts in

here
are non-sailing related.

At this point in history, people get a lot more worked up about
presidential politics than about what brand of antifouling works best in
South Florida. The topic of all newsgroups is trolling first, then flying,
then mountain climbing, then wife swaping, or whatever the hell the
newsgroup name says it's about. Now politics is good bait. By December, I
doubt you will find much political talk here.

Jonathan Ganz

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
wife swapping
where's that one?

Yeah, and I don't want to see that reality show either... I mean who
really wants to watch someone's wife do someone else's wife's laundry?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Wally

John Deere wrote:

By December, I doubt you will find much political talk here.

Is that a promise?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Wally wrote:
John Deere wrote:

By December, I doubt you will find much political talk here.

Is that a promise?

Wally, nothing runs like a deer....
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

John Deere

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

In article ,
Wally wrote:
John Deere wrote:

By December, I doubt you will find much political talk here.

Is that a promise?

Wally, nothing runs like a deer....
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)

I run, but watch out for Cousin Loco in Montana. :-)

--------------------------------
Aggressive Mule Deer Attacks Man - Mont. Game Wardens Search for Aggressive
Mule Deer Buck That Attacked Man
The Associated Press

BOZEMAN, Mont. Aug. 11, 2004 - Game wardens are searching for an aggressive
mule deer buck that attacked a man and has a history of causing problems.

Gene Novikoff, who had previous encounters with the animal, suffered a
broken rib, bruises and scratches after the four-point buck knocked him
down Monday and pummeled him with its front hooves for several minutes.

The animal became distracted by its own reflection in Novikoff's shiny
sport utility vehicle and Novikoff was able to get inside his garage.

"Thank God I had the car cleaned a couple of weeks ago," Novikoff said. "If
he hadn't gotten interested in looking at himself, I don't think I would
have made it."

The deer was still pondering its reflection when Novikoff returned outside
and fired six .22-caliber bullets at it, frightening the animal away. The
attack began, Novikoff said, when the deer sneaked up on him in his
driveway.

"I tried to get inside the house, but he charged me before I could,"
Novikoff said. "I wrestled with him, which was a mistake. I'm 80 years old,
he's only about 2 or 3."

Before this latest incident, wildlife officials said they had decided they
would have to kill the deer. It has chased anglers on the Madison River,
entered one man's garage and kept its brazen attitude despite two separate
doses of pepper spray.

Warden Marc Glines of the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
said the animal has no fear of humans and probably was once someone's pet.

"FWP was worried that a fisherman would trip while getting away, or it
would run into a child or someone would get killed," said Glines, who has
loaned Novikoff a hunting rifle for the buck's next visit.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040811_1540.html

katysails

Well, duh, Mike..... You don't understand alt.sailing.asa yet....Post here
for a number of years then make that observation....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Jeff Morris

There is not way to stop the political nonsense. You can, however, add some
sailing content. Am I the only one that thinks that people who complain about
OT posts never actually contribute any On Topic posts?

"Mike Mc" wrote in message
Am I the only one that thinks that people are posting an unnaceptable amount
of OT posts about political issues? There are dedicated newsgroups for
discussing such stuff. At the moment it seems like 50% of the posts in here
are non-sailing related.

Scout

I'd have to say no to that one Jeff, since I complain about the OTs AND I've
contributed plenty of on topic discussion.
And by the way, strictly speaking, it's not being OT that I'm complaining
about, but the relentless beating of dead horses, the sheer volume of
redundant rhetoric, and the boring, boring, boringness of armchair
politicians.
Scout

"Jeff Morris" wrote