Bart Senior

Default OT The Military Salute

Here is part of the reason why the US Military is
strongly behind President Bush.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/24208.html

Why The Military Salutes Bush - Not Clinton
Whether you actually like George W. or not.... This is
worth reading...

First, an observation. Have you noticed a difference in
the salute given by our military men and women as
President Bush walks by? Most folks would not notice
anything, but those of us who have served in the military
see it right away.

Next time, watch: When President Bush leaves his
helicopter or Air Force One, the honor guards salute
and face him as he disembarks, and then turn their faces
towards him as he passes by. They continue to salute
his back as He walks away. This kind of salute has not
been seen in the previous Eight years, though it is
customary courtesy to the Commander-in-Chief.
You see, soldiers aren't required to turn and face the
President as they salute.

They are not required to salute his back. They are
only required to salute. They can remain face-forward
the entire time. And that is what they did during the
previous administration. Our soldiers were forced to
obey his orders, but they were not forced to respect
him. From their salutes, we can surmise that they did
not.

Why is such respect afforded to President Bush? He
doesn't even know how to bite his lower lip and not
get teary-eyed whenever he speaks!

The following incident from Major General Van Antwerp
may give us an insight. Gen. Antwerp is president of
the Officers' Christian Fellowship. He lost nearly all his
staff when the Pentagon was attacked Sept. 11. His
executive officer LTC Brian Birdwell was badly burned
and in the hospital when President Bush visited him. Our
President spent time and prayed with Brian. As he was
getting ready to leave, he went to the foot of Brian's bed
and saluted. He held his salute until Brian was able to
raise his burned and bandaged arm, ever so slowly, in
return. The Commander-in-Chief almost never initiates
a salute, except in the case of a Congressional Medal of
Honor winner. The injured soldier did not have to return
the salute. But he did, out of respect to his President ...
-a Soldiers' President.

Congressman JC Watts (R. Oklahoma) said, "Character
is doing the right thing when nobody is looking," (My
favorite quote of all time.) The nation and world learned
some of what our last President did when nobody was
looking. That President has been disbarred. The worst
disgrace (other than imprisonment) to a lawyer. CNN
will have a difficult time shining his or his wife's tarnished
images.

In this time of war and danger, I am so grateful to have
a President whom the soldiers salute -- fully.

On Special Report with Brit Hume, at the close of the
show when they normally have some funny video clip,
they showed President Bush and the First Lady on their
way to Maine to leave for Camp David for the weekend.
As the video starts, the First Lady is leading the way into
the helicopter with the spaniel dog on the leash, and the
president is right behind her with the Scotty on the leash.
As the First Lady entered the chopper, the Marine at the
gangway saluted and held his salute. The Scottie the
president was walking decided it wanted to sit right when
he got to the steps. The president pulled on its leash, but
the stubborn Scottie persisted in sitting. The president
bent down and scooped up the pooch and entered Marine
One. After he entered, the Marine cut his salute and
returned to the position of attention. Moments later the
President reemerged from the helicopter and out onto the
steps. The Marine was standing at attention, head and
eyes straight ahead. The President leaned over and tapped
him on the left arm. The startled Marine turned his body
toward the President and received his returned salute!

I was so impressed by this true act of respect for our
military people by our President! He really does get it.
Most any other person of his stature would have just
continued his journey, disregarding the neglected Return
salute. Not George W. Bush. He is earning the respect of
the military community, not expecting it -- as most have
and would.

Jonathan Ganz

Hahahah... Brit Hume?? He's pretty far to the right.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
et...
[...]

DSK

This is utter crap. There is no difference between the way the military
saluted Clinton and the way they salute Bush.

This was making the rounds on the internet at least 3 years ago and has
been thoroughly discredited.

Bart Senior wrote:
Here is part of the reason why the US Military is
strongly behind President Bush.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/24208.html

Why The Military Salutes Bush - Not Clinton
Whether you actually like George W. or not.... This is
worth reading...

First, an observation. Have you noticed a difference in
the salute given by our military men and women as
President Bush walks by? (malarkey snipped)

thunder

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 04:31:20 +0000, Bart Senior wrote:

Here is part of the reason why the US Military is strongly behind
President Bush.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/24208.html

Why The Military Salutes Bush - Not Clinton
**************************************** Whether you actually like George
W. or not.... This is worth reading...

Not much honor in your military, if they allow politics to show their
lack of professionalism. Fortunately in our military, professionalism and
honor means showing respect to the Commander in Chief, no matter his
politics.

http://www.snopes.com/military/salute.htm
DSK

Bart Senior wrote:
There is a difference in how the military perceives
President Bush versus President Clinton. It is a night
and day difference.

Prove it.

The U.S. military is very deliberately discouraged from meddling in
politics. This has been a policy since 1776. And the U.S. military is
made up of U.S. citizens, which means that it has some whites, some
blacks, some rednecks, some Hispanics, some fascists, some pinkos, etc
etc. Our military is a cross section of America, only braver than average.

As I have said before, the military vote in the 2000 election was very
very narrowly divided between Bush & Gore. Don't believe, after all I am
a liar as far as you're concerned. Look it up. It is as much a fact as
that water runs down hill.

You call everybody who voted for Gore, or might vote for Kerry, a traitor.

You called 1/2 our military traitors. You called me a traitor.

Stop and think, Bart.

1- your statements are blatantly false, as well as outrageous and offensive.

2- your statements are not helping your side.

Regards
Doug King

Capt. Mooron

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
et...
| Doug,
|
| There is a difference in how the military perceives
| President Bush versus President Clinton. It is a night
| and day difference.

Bart... you are lying...again!
It's a shameful route, taken by slackards who cannot substantiate their
convictions with facts.

I expect more from you!

Buck-Up!

CM

felton

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:31:57 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
. net...
| Doug,
|
| There is a difference in how the military perceives
| President Bush versus President Clinton. It is a night
| and day difference.

Bart... you are lying...again!
It's a shameful route, taken by slackards who cannot substantiate their
convictions with facts.

I expect more from you!

Buck-Up!

CM

Oh, give him a break. To be lying he would have to be capable of
knowing the difference. You give him far too much credit. Just award
him his "I Participated" ribbon and move on.

Jonathan Ganz

Of course, but Bart is very, very worried that Bush will lose.
He's grasping at straws... quite pathetic actually.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
Bart Senior wrote:
[...]

Donal

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
et...

Why is such respect afforded to President Bush?

That's a very difficult question!

He
doesn't even know how to bite his lower lip and not
get teary-eyed whenever he speaks!

He doesn't even know how to speak, .. and not get tongue tied!!!

Here's a quote:-
"... I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know
him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign
oil... "

Regards

Donal