Bart Senior

Default Isolation Transformers

I'm buying a Charles Industries isolation transformer with
taps for both European and American voltages [120/240 volts.]

I'd like to know if the shore power connections are the same
for both US and Europe? If so I'll wire in the European
connector when I install it.

Bart

Scout

seriously though. I don't fully understand your question - possibly because
I've never docked in Europe. Are you asking if the plug configurations are
the same?
Are you suggesting wiring in 2 input adapters? If so, I'd be careful to not
allow backfeed on the unused plug.
Best bet is would be to check with Charles Ind.
I was looking over their specs, was curious as to how the 93-IXFMR 3/81-A
transformer can input 50/60 Hz and output 50/65Hz.
Scout

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
t...
I'm buying a Charles Industries isolation transformer with
taps for both European and American voltages [120/240 volts.]

I'd like to know if the shore power connections are the same
for both US and Europe? If so I'll wire in the European
connector when I install it.

Bart

Wally

Bart Senior wrote:

I'd like to know if the shore power connections are the same
for both US and Europe? If so I'll wire in the European
connector when I install it.

Shore power connectors in the UK look like the plug on the left of this
picture...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/largeimages/1163i0.jpg

....and plug into a chassis-mount version of the other connectors (lift the
flap and plug it in).

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Donal

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
t...
I'm buying a Charles Industries isolation transformer with
taps for both European and American voltages [120/240 volts.]

I'd like to know if the shore power connections are the same
for both US and Europe? If so I'll wire in the European
connector when I install it.

European shore power connectors vary between countries, and even within
countries.

I have three different adaptors for use in France - where the electricity is
usually free.

In the UK, some marinas have strange connectors - because the electricity is
not free. You have to rent an adaptor cable.

Regards

Donal

Peter S/Y Anicula

Donald wrote:
European shore power connectors vary between countries, and even

within
countries.

That's my impression to.
But In Denmark and Sweden, the one on Walleys picture is used in most
marinas I have visited the last couple of years - as far as I
remember.
Maybe it is a new standard that are (going to be used) all over the EU
?

The easiest is probably to make an adapter yourself when needed. If
you make a short cable with a plug that fits your main cable, it
should be fairly easy to connect any locally used plug to the other
end, without changing your normal used cable. Just make the cable long
enough to change the plug several times.
You can also get adapter kits, that can be used at a pinch.

Peter S/Y Anicula