Bart Senior

Default OT Bush's talk on terrorism draws cheers

Bush's talk on terrorism draws cheers

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...h-terror_x.htm

PITTSBURGH - Crowd reactions to President
Bush's new campaign speech provide more evidence
that his management of the war on terrorism is his
best political asset. Audiences cheer louder and longer
for his tough-on-terror lines than for criticism of
Democratic nominee John Kerry or any other issue.

The Bush lines that elicit the most cheers: "When it
comes to better securing the homeland, to fighting the
forces of evil and spreading peace, results matter. ...
When it comes to choosing a president, results matter."

The other big applause lines also are reminders of the
Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and Bush's aggressive foreign
policy:

.. "This nation had a choice to make: Either forget the
lessons of Sept. 11 and hope for the best ... or take
action to defend our country. Given that choice, I will
defend America every time."

.. "I will never relent in bringing justice to the enemy and
protecting our country, whatever it takes."

.. "If America shows uncertainty and weakness ... the world
will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch."

The muscular rhetoric reflects the Bush team's strategy to
capitalize on what a new USA TODAY/ CNN/Gallup Poll
taken Friday and Saturday found: 54% of Americans think
Bush would better handle terrorism, vs. 42% for Kerry.

Jonathan Ganz

You're an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@