Thom Stewart

Default Damned Heat

Dog and I were getting ready to go down to the boat, when checked the
temperature. At 9:00 am the outside thermometer showed 92 degrees F.

Put the Airconditioner on, unpacked the cooler and admitted to being NW
Weather whimps.

Another day on ASA

Ole Thom

JAXAshby

you don't like basketball? why, it fills the time between football and
baseball on those nights when there are no hockey matches.

Scott Vernon

It's been hot here too, and damned humid. T-storms and rain forecast for the
whole
weekend. I really want to go sailing, but sitting in a closed up boat in
the rain, like a sweat box. Besides, Lisa made me an offer I can't refuse,
if I stay home.

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message

Dog and I were getting ready to go down to the boat, when checked the
temperature. At 9:00 am the outside thermometer showed 92 degrees F.

Put the Airconditioner on, unpacked the cooler and admitted to being NW
Weather whimps.

Another day on ASA

Ole Thom

Bart Senior

I wish I had Air Conditioning on the boat so I could work
on it when it is hot. Instead I have a 15" AC powered fan
in the center hatch which, at least, blows my sweat off.

What kind of seadog do you have? I want a pointer that
will it bark and point to land in the fog.

Bart

Thom Stewart wrote

Dog and I were getting ready to go down to the boat, when checked the
temperature. At 9:00 am the outside thermometer showed 92 degrees F.

Put the Airconditioner on, unpacked the cooler and admitted to being NW
Weather whimps.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Bart,

I have a Rat Terrier, who is a rather lousy sailor.

"There's nothing to do on a boat that's sailing" she says. I've had a
Basset Hound( Great sailor) but she would rather be with me than stay
home. I have to tie her to the inside steering station, with just enough
line to get 2 feet of cockpit space. She went over the side after a
Barking Seal on the Harbor Entrance Buoy.

What a recovery job for a old single hand flying a Gennaker!!! But that
is another story.

Ole Thom

Scout

What's stopping you from getting one? I would certainly have had one if they
were available in my day!
J. Slocum.

"Bart Senior" wrote
I wish I had Air Conditioning on the boat {snip}

Scott Vernon

They have small units for $65~$80 at appliance stores. Problem as I see it,
many who have AC stay at the dock on hot days.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Scout" wrote in message
What's stopping you from getting one? I would certainly have had one if

they
were available in my day!
J. Slocum.

"Bart Senior" wrote
I wish I had Air Conditioning on the boat {snip}

Scout

I got the ultra-quiet Honda genny (EU2000). It's light and quiet and has no
problem with a 13,500 btu AC unit. A bit on the pricey side but a nice
addition. We only use it when anchored and extremely hot/humid. We leave the
cabin open as the cool air tends to lay down below, unless the mosquitoes
are feeding. The AC is hardly noticeable tucked as far forward as can be
(5000 btu).

Scout

"Scout" wrote in message
What's stopping you from getting one? I would certainly have had one if

they
were available in my day!
J. Slocum.

"Bart Senior" wrote
I wish I had Air Conditioning on the boat {snip}

Thom Stewart

Scout,
I want you tknow that this week I've been very envious of your set-up.

Ole Thom