katysails

Default How Large for a 2nd Head?

Besides, it let you examine the result to let you see if
your sock were in the last heave(G)

Thom,
Why do you eat your socks????? Or is it the proverbial foot in mouth disease
you speak of?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:04:23 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

another daysailor speaks up.

Bull ****! I often have overnight races, and I often spend the week
ends on my yacht. I'm gearing up for the Deepwater race, where we
finish at a resort area, and I'll spend the week on my yacht. (And I
won't use the head even one time.)

Sounds like you're full of ****!

SV

DSK

katysails wrote:
42 ft. might warrant a second head especially if it was being used to
charter...Under that, I really don't see it as a necessity...and out 32
footer's head is also just off the companionway so there's no tracking up
the rest of the boat with wet gear...

we chartered a 38 footer with fore & aft heads, seemed to be OK... but
then I didn't have to work on the plumbing & the boat didn't have
holding tanks.

IMHO use rather than size should be the determining factor in whether or
not a boat has 2 heads. Certainly it's a big trade-off. All the people I
know who are cruising in boats with 2 heads use one of them for storage.

Having the head aft, just by the companionway, makes a lot of sense. It
is where the boat's motion is least, as well as convenient for quickly
getting in from on deck.

DSK