DSK

Default How Large for a 2nd Head?

katysails wrote:
42 ft. might warrant a second head especially if it was being used to
charter...Under that, I really don't see it as a necessity...and out 32
footer's head is also just off the companionway so there's no tracking up
the rest of the boat with wet gear...

we chartered a 38 footer with fore & aft heads, seemed to be OK... but
then I didn't have to work on the plumbing & the boat didn't have
holding tanks.

IMHO use rather than size should be the determining factor in whether or
not a boat has 2 heads. Certainly it's a big trade-off. All the people I
know who are cruising in boats with 2 heads use one of them for storage.

Having the head aft, just by the companionway, makes a lot of sense. It
is where the boat's motion is least, as well as convenient for quickly
getting in from on deck.

DSK