Jonathan Ganz

Default Bought a Reinel 26'

Clearly, you're not much of a sailor if you think that popularity equals
quality. I know one of the major Mac dealers in the western US. Even
he admits that they're not much a sailboat.

You're the idiot who bought one. Look up your own stats. Seems to
me that you're trying to hide your embarrassment by claiming all sorts
of things that aren't true.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
Not necessarily. Most likely, people don't use them very much. That's
pretty typical among boat owners in general. In fact, you claimed this
sort of thing yourself in another thread.

Jonathan,

As you probably know, the Mac line of sailboats is one of the most
popular ever built, they have been building them for over 25 years, and
there are thousands of them in service. Surely you aren't saying that,
if there are serious structural or design defects in the hull, deck, or
rigging, they could keep them a secret for all these years, with all
those thousands of boats out there? If the boats were falling apart due
to such structural or design faults, wouldn't we hear about it
somewhere? On the news, from the internet, in PS or other sailing
periodicals, for example?

The facts are that although the rigging and construction is lighter
(like a Ferrari) than on other boats, the boat is lighter also, and it
is suited for the loads experienced and does the job. (Again, if you
disagree, let's see some statistics or comprehensive reports, not just
anecdotes and opinions.)

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

Similarly, you are an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Not much of an attorney are you... possibly you should look at the
facts of the case before you comment on the woman and her coffee.

The facts were that she held a hot cup of coffee between her legs when
she was driving. - Do you think she should recover from MacDonald under
those circumstances because she claimed that MacDonalds coffee was too

hot?

Similarly, the skipper on the Mac that capsized was drunk, and ignored a
number of MacGregor safety warnings and load limits. - Do you think his
family should revover damages in those circumstances?

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

My recollection is that she had to have multiple skin grafts.
Macboy is quite an attorney!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Marc" wrote in message
Your'e no effing lawyer. First hit on google
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

the facts were that she wasn't driving and Mc D's ignored 100's of
burning complaints and continued insisting that its franchises hold
their coffee at 185 degrees, a temp sufficient to cause full thickness
burns.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:30:26 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Not much of an attorney are you... possibly you should look at the
facts of the case before you comment on the woman and her coffee.

The facts were that she held a hot cup of coffee between her legs when
she was driving. - Do you think she should recover from MacDonald under
those circumstances because she claimed that MacDonalds coffee was too

hot?

Similarly, the skipper on the Mac that capsized was drunk, and ignored a
number of MacGregor safety warnings and load limits. - Do you think his
family should revover damages in those circumstances?

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

Then that would prove that you're an idiot besides being
"not considered" gay.

My boat is an amazing boat in many respects. I wouldn't
take it across an ocean or even significantly offshore, but
people have taken Cal 20s across the Pacific... quite a feat
for the sailor and the boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:00:31 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Good one Horass... they don't "consider" you a fag.

You don't mention what a class act your ragged-out 20' Cal is. I've
thrown away better boats.

Horvath

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:56:27 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

My boat is an amazing boat in many respects.

It's amazing that it still floats. I've thrown away better boats.

Jonathan Ganz

It's amazing that you can type.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote this crap:

My boat is an amazing boat in many respects.

It's amazing that it still floats. I've thrown away better boats.

Peter Wiley

All I can say is that's bugger-all. My son is in his final year of a
science degree. First year involves 3 hours of lectures/week plus a 3
hour prac class plus a one hour tutorial. 7 hours/week. Each year the
time spent on a strand gets longer. Final year when I did a science
degree was 12 hours/week per strand plus library time. You needed to do
4 first year subjects, 3 second year subjects and 2 3rd year subjects,
at minimum, to get a science degree. Some of us did triple majors
carrying 36 hours of 3rd year subjects to get an undergrad degree.

He said 20 hours - that means, to me, 20 hours elapsed time. Say one
hour/week for a semester. SQRT(bugger_all).

PDW

In article , katysails
wrote:

Jeff, I'm a registered patent attorney, I have over 20 hours of college
physics, 18 hours of Math, etc.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a..............

Less than 2 weeks of a college (university) course and you're boasting
about it??????

Peter,
University courses are listed in credit hours here... 20 hours of Physics
would mean he has taken (5 )4 credit hour Physics classes, which along with
the math credits would give him a minor in Physics....a 4 credit hour class
meets 4 hours per week for an entire semester or term and usually has at
least 2 hours of lab time appended to it. Likewise, a 3 credit hour class
would meet three hours a week....Science, math and language courses are
generally 4 credit hours, whereas the Humanities are generally 3 credit hour
courses.

Jim Cate

Marc wrote:

Your'e no effing lawyer. First hit on google
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

the facts were that she wasn't driving and Mc D's ignored 100's of
burning complaints and continued insisting that its franchises hold
their coffee at 185 degrees, a temp sufficient to cause full thickness
burns.

When people order a coke, nost of them expect it to be cold. When they
order coffee, they normally expect it to be hot. (Hence the term, "hot
coffee.") Also, most people have enough common sense to know that they
shouldn't try to hold a cup of hot coffee between their legs,
particularly when sitting in a moving vehicle.

Jim

Bought repaired canoe - positioning of seats/carry yoke correct? Guy Touring 2 July 18th 04 07:41 PM
bought a GPS Parallax Cruising 11 May 13th 04 10:03 PM
( OT ) Iraq Coalition Casualtitys ( Coalition of the bought?) Jim General 0 March 21st 04 02:30 AM
OT Hijacking a discussion, was Bought cool new digital charger....$89? Den73740 Electronics 8 January 31st 04 10:08 PM