Nav

Default Please help settle an argument

The path to enlightenment is paved with the stones of analysis, thought,
logic and deduction. He must pave his own way as we all have done. Only
the true sailor is capable of original thought (This excludes most
people with motorboats).

Cheers

Capt. Mooron wrote:

Aw fer cripes sake... just tell him it can't be done.... and be done with
it!
It's like you are doin' a Feng Shui Shish Kabob with the poor guy here!

CM

"Nav" wrote in message
| Think of a boat sailing on her mooring. Does not the aft end follow the
| bow? As she sails across the wind -tied to the mooring -does she not
| advance a little way up wind before stalling and tacking off again?
|
| Does that help you think more clearly grasshopper?

Nav

Horvath wrote:

My deck is too high for anyone to grab a mooring ball.

Clean it up then!

Cheers

Nav

No I'm not.

Cheers

katysails wrote:

But why ask about such a foolish act grasshopper?

Cheers

Bobsprit puppet.....

katysails

Horvatrh,
I think most people assume that if you're mooring on a mooring ball, the
mooring belongs to you and it has established lines already attached....if
you have to attach lines, I see why you back up to it but that is certainly
not the usual method of catching a can....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

MC,
Just what are you smoking these days?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

katysails wrote:

But why ask about such a foolish act grasshopper?

Bobsprit puppet.....

No I'm not.

Cheers

Should have known when you spelled behavior "behaviour".....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Horvath

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 06:42:39 -0400, "katysails"
wrote this crap:

Horvatrh,
I think most people assume that if you're mooring on a mooring ball, the
mooring belongs to you and it has established lines already attached....if
you have to attach lines, I see why you back up to it but that is certainly
not the usual method of catching a can....

I've never seen a mooring ball with lines already attached. But the
only mooring balls I've seen are public balls.

Horvath

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:27:50 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

You're not very bright, are you? You tie a line to your bow cleat,
and bring the other end back to the swim platform. The preson on the
swim platform ties that end onto the mooring ball. Then he goes up to
the bow and pulls the boat in.

You tie off to the ball!?

Who are you calling not bright?

I don't know about the balls where you live, but here, there's a ring
attached to the top of the ball, where you tie off.

Horvath

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:29:06 +1200, Nav wrote
this crap:

Horvath wrote:

My deck is too high for anyone to grab a mooring ball.

Clean it up then!

Huh? Clean what up?

Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote

I've never seen a mooring ball with lines already attached. But the
only mooring balls I've seen are public balls.

You've never been to Annapolis, then.

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie