Wealright

Default Killick

"Michael" wrote in message
Stone with rope attached used as an anchor. The Killick Knot which is

what
tipped me off is the one developed to attach said rope to said stone to

make
up the ground tackle.

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
et...
Define: Killick [1 pt.]

In the Royal Navy, a Killick is an older word for a small stern anchor, now
used for any Leading Hand because of the fouled anchor badge worn on the
sleeve.

John Weale

katysails

Or I could ask the ladies to tie Michael up and keep him
occupied.

No way...he been out to sea WAAYYYY too long.......I was just joshing
anyway....I wouldn't give any points for cut and paste websites...just means
someone did a google search without bothering to read and transpose....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

Gee Michael, you're all heart.....(seeing as how I don't know the answers to
a lot of the more obscure stuff anway) I am reading a bunch of patrick
O'Brien this summer so hopefully will pick up some of the tall ship
"lingo"...the trig stuff I won't even bother with...you guys can parsec and
vector all you want....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

Choice #3, Choice #3!!!!!!!! Ah hmmmmm ahhhhh Only if they are really
ladies.

See, Bart? What'd I tell you?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Capt. Mooron

In what context Michael??

CM

"Michael" wrote in message
| So does anyone know why men cannot be singlehanders?

katysails

Good choice in reading material Katy.

Some of them are ok, but they do get pretty sloggy after a while...I'm much
more interested in the Maturin character than the Aubrey character....I find
Aubrey to be a bit of a Peter Pan type and would not admire him in real
life, but find the Maturin character to be very interesting....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---