Bobsprit

Default More Electronics????

Who here has more electronics installed on their boat than me...

Knotmeter, Depthsounder, Radar, VHF, 9 inch TV....ummmm....sodering iron. Can I
count my stuff that I travel with, cuz then I could include my handheld GPS,
nightvision and walkman.
Anyone got a computer aboard. Pretty common, but I don't have one. Anyone have
a chartplotter? Not me. Anyone have a fully functional guage pack? Not me. Part
of mine died and I don't care to fix it.
Somehow Spirt thinks I represent some techie boater's wet dream. He might want
to have a look on the average new boat and see what people carry.

RB
Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

Knotmeter, Depthsounder, Radar, VHF, 9 inch TV....ummmm....sodering
iron. Can I count my stuff that I travel with, cuz then I could
include my handheld GPS, nightvision and walkman....

....half a dozen cameras, two wind meters, bagful of cheap toy
walkie-talkies, pocket-size 5KW PA system complete with rock band, etc,
etc...

... Anyone have a fully functional
guage pack? Not me. I have a broken guage pack and I don't know
how to fix it!

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Bart Senior

I have none of these things. No even a depth finder.

Tha's probably why I run aground constantly!

Seriously, none of that stuff is impressive. If you want to
impress someone, you'll need Ockam instruments.

http://www.ockam.com/

Bobsprit wrote

Who here has more electronics installed on their boat than me...

Knotmeter, Depthsounder, Radar, VHF, 9 inch TV....ummmm....sodering iron.

Can I
count my stuff that I travel with, cuz then I could include my handheld

GPS,
nightvision and walkman.
Anyone got a computer aboard. Pretty common, but I don't have one. Anyone

have
a chartplotter? Not me. Anyone have a fully functional guage pack? Not me.

Part
of mine died and I don't care to fix it.
Somehow Spirt thinks I represent some techie boater's wet dream. He might

want
to have a look on the average new boat and see what people carry.

RB

Bobsprit

Seriously, none of that stuff is impressive. If you want to
impress someone, you'll need Ockam instruments.

Spirt appears impressed with my handheld GPS. Then again he finally admitted he
doesn't sail. Oh well.

RB
SAIL LOCO

Signet SmartPak system w/ 4 displays.
Northstar 951XD GPS/chartplotter.
KVH Sailcomp.
VHF perm. mount & handheld.
Cheap stereo.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Scott Vernon

must be because you posted this ****;

From: Bobsprit )
Subject: What If # 6
Newsgroups: alt.sailing.asa
Date: 2004-06-18 06:42:21 PST

Icom M1+ with two batteries....shown at bottom of watertight case with
mapping
GPS, Nightvision and HH Windmeter.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/bbstuff.jpg

Poor, poor scotty potti!!!!

RB

Horvath

On 29 Jun 2004 16:28:10 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

Who here has more electronics installed on their boat than me...

Knotmeter, Depthsounder, Radar, VHF, 9 inch TV....ummmm....sodering iron. Can I
count my stuff that I travel with, cuz then I could include my handheld GPS,
nightvision and walkman.
Anyone got a computer aboard. Pretty common, but I don't have one. Anyone have
a chartplotter? Not me. Anyone have a fully functional guage pack? Not me. Part
of mine died and I don't care to fix it.

Amateur!

I have a full set of Raytheon instruments.

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/archive/cnchistory/c2c.htm

Wind, tridata, depth, knotmeter, compass (yes, the fluxgate compass
sensor), countdown timer, and more. It even tells me the water
temperature in fahrenheit and celsius. The compass reads in true or
magnetic. The wind instruments read in true or apparent.

I also have GPS, and a computer with a built in DVD player. Also full
stereo sound, and a CD player. The atomic clock stopped, so I can't
count it until it's fixed.

Bobsprit

I also have GPS, and a computer with a built in DVD player. Also full
stereo sound, and a CD player. The atomic clock stopped, so I can't
count it until it's fixed.

My friend had an atomic clock on his boat. He dropped it and the case cracked.
It leaked and now he can't re-board his boat for 500'000 years.

RB
SAIL LOCO

I have a full set of Raytheon instruments.
Wind, tridata, depth, knotmeter, compass (yes, the fluxgate compass
sensor), countdown timer, and more. It even tells me the water
temperature in fahrenheit and celsius. The compass reads in true or
magnetic. The wind instruments read in true or apparent.

Standard stuff. The Raytheon instruments won't tell you:

• Magnetic Wind Direction
• Opposite Tack/Jibe Calculations
• Heel Angle
Bearing