BoatBanter.com

-   -   Oh! The Humanity!!!! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19995-oh-humanity.html)

Bobsprit June 15th 04 01:33 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Scotty Potty was actually dumb enough (no surprise!!!) to bring up the shackles
and thimbles used commonly around here. Seems as though he still has doubts
even after I posted a few pics! Let's make him feel stupid all over again!!!!
These were taken today after my sail on the Sea Pearl!!!!

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/t1.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/t2.jpg

RB

DSK June 15th 04 03:17 AM

Oh! The Stupidity!!!!

Scott Vernon wrote:
Not those stupid thimble pics from last year , again! Bob, you are a dork!

They are the same pics. And the dummy has the shackle made up wrong.

Actually I think I'll print out these two and show them to our
dockmaster. He needs a good laugh.

DSK

Bobsprit June 15th 04 03:40 AM

Oh! The Stupidity!!!!

Scott Vernon wrote:
Not those stupid thimble pics from last year , again! Bob, you are a dork!

They are the same pics. And the dummy has the shackle made up wrong.

SORRY. Not the same pics. Some memory you got there!

RB

Bobsprit June 15th 04 04:00 AM

Oh! The Stupidity!!!!

You took more shackle pics???!!

Yip, from H to J dock, just to show what a pinheaded dolt you are!
You, Loco and Doug are soooo dumb! This proves it.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

RB

SAIL LOCO June 15th 04 04:47 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Although I could care less about the dorky unseaman like way that boat is tied
up I couldn't help but notice a few things. One, it's a frickin power boat.
Two, it's a floating pier. And three, the dork using the thimbles is also one
of those Putzes who has never learned to park his little power boat so he has
those "spring" lines across the front of his slip so he can use them to crash
into when docking to stop his craft. I guess that's the kind of person who
uses the thimble method that the Boob prefers. Go away.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Bobsprit June 15th 04 11:38 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

at so he has
those "spring" lines across the front of his slip so he can use them to crash
into when docking to stop his craft.

Once again, Poor Loco shows he knows so little about boats.
Those lines are for holding an inflatable.

RB

Horvath June 15th 04 12:14 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 15 Jun 2004 10:38:11 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

at so he has
those "spring" lines across the front of his slip so he can use them to crash
into when docking to stop his craft.

Once again, Poor Loco shows he knows so little about boats.
Those lines are for holding an inflatable.

Or tying your whisker pole to the deck?

Bobsprit June 15th 04 12:17 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Once again, Poor Loco shows he knows so little about boats.
Those lines are for holding an inflatable.

Or tying your whisker pole to the deck?

Nahh, you KNOW whisker poles are 12 feet or less, right Horvath???!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

Jeff Morris June 15th 04 12:56 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

Of course, class rules (and handicap requests) can be different from this; and
cruisers are likely to use as long a pole as the can handle.

Bobsprit June 15th 04 01:07 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

You realize that Horvath said Whisker poles "can't" be longer than 12 feet,
don't you. Most cruisers carry a telescoping pole that extend quite a bit
longer than 12 feet. Even the one on my Catalina 27 was 9-17 feet.
To save face (after I posted suggested sizes from Forespar), Horvath introduced
his "racing rules" which had nothing to do with the topic.

RB

Horvath June 16th 04 12:52 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 15 Jun 2004 11:17:23 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

Once again, Poor Loco shows he knows so little about boats.
Those lines are for holding an inflatable.

Or tying your whisker pole to the deck?

Nahh, you KNOW whisker poles are 12 feet or less, right Horvath???!!!

I never said that. I said you can't use one longer than your J.

Horvath June 16th 04 12:54 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:56:29 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
wrote this crap:

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

Of course, class rules (and handicap requests) can be different from this; and
cruisers are likely to use as long a pole as the can handle.

Why would they? If you're not racing, what's the point of a whisker
pole?

Horvath June 16th 04 12:57 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 15 Jun 2004 12:07:04 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

You realize that Horvath said Whisker poles "can't" be longer than 12 feet,

You liar. I said you can't use one longer than your J.

don't you. Most cruisers carry a telescoping pole that extend quite a bit
longer than 12 feet. Even the one on my Catalina 27 was 9-17 feet.
To save face (after I posted suggested sizes from Forespar), Horvath introduced
his "racing rules" which had nothing to do with the topic.

YOU posted the website, liar.

Bobsprit June 16th 04 02:05 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Here's what you wrote, Horvath..

That would mean you have a whisker pole that extends to over twelve
feet. Sounds like bull**** to me.

BUSTED!!!

RB

Bobsprit June 16th 04 02:19 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Let me clear it up for you.
A whisker pole can be any length you want on any boat providing you
don't use one longer than J when racing.

Got it now?

Hey, that was MY fish!!!! You better hook me another.

RB

Horvath June 16th 04 04:31 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:16:46 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

A whisker pole can be any length you want on any boat providing you
don't use one longer than J when racing.

Why would you even want one, if you weren't racing?

Horvath June 16th 04 04:33 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:13:50 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

I never said that. I said you can't use one longer than your J.

When racing!
any other time it's OK, and Bubbles will never race.

Why would you even want one, if you didn't race? I think he made up
the whole story.

Horvath June 16th 04 04:36 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 16 Jun 2004 01:05:39 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

Here's what you wrote, Horvath..

That would mean you have a whisker pole that extends to over twelve
feet. Sounds like bull**** to me.

BUSTED!!!

Busted what? I didn't say that they didn't make them to extend
further.

BTW, since you don't even race, what do you use it for, besides poking
in the mud?

Bobsprit June 16th 04 04:57 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

BTW, since you don't even race, what do you use it for, besides poking
in the mud?

I rest my case. Horvath has no idea how a whisker pole is used.

RB

Bobsprit June 16th 04 05:06 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

More help for Horvath....

http://www.forespar.com/catalog/whis...20is%20a%20Whi
sker%20Pole

You'll note the use mentioned for cruisers...whisker poles are quite useful. We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

RB

Scott Vernon June 16th 04 05:36 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

"Bobsprit" wrote

...whisker poles are quite useful. We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

which BTW is the slowest sail set.

Jonathan Ganz June 16th 04 08:34 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Busted by your boyfriend on a regular basis I'd guess.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz June 16th 04 08:34 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Maybe he uses it for "other things."

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Horvath June 16th 04 11:36 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 16 Jun 2004 04:06:15 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

Why would you go wing & wing if you weren't racing? Obviously you
need one for windward leewards while racing JAM. But wing & wing is
the slowest point of sail, and if you were out for a daysail, you
wouldn't want to.

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

The bottom line here is that you are just a ****head, who's making up
stuff as he goes along. You've been busted bigtime.

Bobsprit June 16th 04 11:46 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

What an idiot. We've sailed wing and wing many times because it's the direction
we "needed" to go. It's not hard if you can steer your boat and it's not
uncomfortable. In some conditions it can be challenging, but that probably
makes no sense to a Hunter barge owner.
A sailboat can sail in any direction off the wind and a sailor should be
skilled on all points of sail. Clearly you're not!
Topics like this expose Horvath very limited knowledge of boats and sailing.
Like I said, BUSTED!

RB

katysails June 16th 04 11:55 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

which BTW is the slowest sail set.

But is very pretty and relaxing....

When you guys attack him on credible stuff, it takes away from your
position...stick to his real stupidities, there are enough of them.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 16th 04 11:57 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

But wing & wing is
the slowest point of sail, and if you were out for a daysail, you
wouldn't want to.

What a dumbass remark....wing-on-wing takes skill to make the set...and the
world isn't all about fast all the time...if it was, none of us would be
sailing, that's for sure...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 16th 04 11:58 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

It's really bad when Horvath begins to look worse than Bobsprit.....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bobsprit June 16th 04 12:00 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Bottom line is that you related his whisker pole to your racing only.
You forgot all about cruising.

When sailing on the LIS two weekends ago we used wing and wing for several
hours at a time. It was hardly "difficult" and Suzanne was at the helm. Very
relaxing point of sail.
Horvath has now thrown himself into a tarpit of ignorance, exposed for the
Nosailorsaurus that he is!

RB

Bobsprit June 16th 04 12:01 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

What a dumbass remark....wing-on-wing takes skill to make the set...and the
world isn't all about fast all the time...if it was, none of us would be
sailing, that's for sure...

Horvath needs a Jetski.

RB

Jonathan Ganz June 16th 04 03:55 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Horass, stick to racing for fags, I mean flags. You know nothing about
sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz June 16th 04 03:57 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Wing on wing is easy and comfortable if you know what you're doing.
If you have to use a whisker pole to do it, it's even easier. We typically
don't need one because of the relatively short distances involved on the
bay. However, if coming back from the Farallons or other places, then
we usually put one up.

FYI, you're an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Scott Vernon June 16th 04 04:23 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Please note; I didn't say it was dumb, or lubbery, or anything else bad
about it, I just repeated what I'd heard, it is the slowest point of sail.
That said, I sail W&W sometimes myself.

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie

Joe June 16th 04 07:36 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Wing on wing is easy and comfortable if you know what you're doing.
If you have to use a whisker pole to do it, it's even easier. We typically
don't need one because of the relatively short distances involved on the
bay. However, if coming back from the Farallons or other places, then
we usually put one up.

On a Cal 20 the whisker pole must be smaller than a broomstick right?

Joe

FYI, you're an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz June 16th 04 08:06 PM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

I don't use a whisker pole on my boat. I was talking about a different
one.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

om...

Horvath June 17th 04 03:49 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

On 16 Jun 2004 10:46:06 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

What an idiot. We've sailed wing and wing many times because it's the direction
we "needed" to go. It's not hard if you can steer your boat and it's not
uncomfortable. In some conditions it can be challenging, but that probably
makes no sense to a Hunter barge owner.
A sailboat can sail in any direction off the wind and a sailor should be
skilled on all points of sail. Clearly you're not!

Here's the facts the way *I* see them:

You were sitting on a barstool, after having too much of your allotted
rum ration, and you heard some real sailors talking about whisker
poles. You immediately decided that you had one, because you
misheard, and thought they were talking about "whiskey poles."

The next day, you wanted to impress the local sailors, and you started
to brag about your pole, and you were shot down, because as you
learned, it was supposed to be a "whisKER pole."

Then you wanted to impress the rubes on asa, and you made up the story
about finding an outboard engine with your whisker pole. You still
actually had no clue what it was, and what it was used for.

When I questioned your need for a pole longer than 12 feet, you
panicked, and started to do a google search. You still had no idea
what a whisker pole what used for, and how long it should be. A
website talked about telescoping poles, and gave you clues what it was
for. All of a sudden, you had a TELESCOPING whisker pole, that you
could extend to 35 feet, but you still had no idea what it was for.

Then I mentioned that your whisker pole could be no longer than your
J, and it was only used for racing. You have no idea what a J is, and
what a whisker pole was used for.

You looked for more websites, and found one that told all about
whisker poles, and what they were used for. It said that a cruising
boat could use one for wing & wing.

Now you claim that you always go wing & wing, even upwind.

Do you see what's happening here? All serial liars make up even more
lies when they're caught lying.

When a serial liar, like you, gets caught in even more lies, he has
to stop digging. Usually he just says, "That's my story, and I'm
sticking to it."

Or, he can start with the, "I was only trolling, and see how many I
sucked in. Ha Ha, I got you all."

Still waiting.

Jonathan Ganz June 17th 04 05:28 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

So, you were drunk AND stupid. I think we understand.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bobsprit June 17th 04 11:13 AM

Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Wow, Horvath's post was almost as long as it was desperate.

RB