SAIL LOCO

Default Yanmar 3GM30

, but
he's too busy seeing if his trawler is more expensive than his neighbor's
boat!

ROFLMAO! Coming from the dimwit this statement
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Jonathan Ganz

Horass has a lot of experience pumping out with his boyfriend.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:22:45 -0400, Strombus gigas
wrote this crap:

How does one change the lubricating oil in a 3GM30? There is no drain
plug in the base.

Try pumping it out.

Jeff Morris

Ignore the idiots.

You need a pump that works through the dipstick. I use a Tempo Oilboy
http://www.c-mesales.com/index.html?...tml&lang=en-us

The filter is more of a problem, since it always makes a mess. I keep a pack of
extra large diapers to try to contain it.

"Strombus gigas" wrote in message
How does one change the lubricating oil in a 3GM30? There is no drain
plug in the base.

Jonathan Ganz

Yeh, we had one of those for the old A4 on the Catalina 27. Worked
ok. Hard to flush it out well, but it's better than nothing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Ignore the idiots.

You need a pump that works through the dipstick. I use a Tempo Oilboy
http://www.c-mesales.com/index.html?...tml&lang=en-us

The filter is more of a problem, since it always makes a mess. I keep a

pack of
extra large diapers to try to contain it.

"Strombus gigas" wrote in message
How does one change the lubricating oil in a 3GM30? There is no drain
plug in the base.

Marc

Add a 12" length of 1/4"' brake tubing to the pump intake hose. This
allows you to probe the oil pan and retrieve more dirty oil. Also, you
can fit a small disposable paint roller tray under the engine to
capture the mess from the oil filter. Remember to warm up the engine
or you'll be a long time pumping.

wrote:

How does one change the lubricating oil in a 3GM30? There is no drain
plug in the base.

Bobsprit

Remember to warm up the engine
or you'll be a long time pumping.

Good one, Marc! Cold oil build up the forearms!

RB
Marc

Hi Bob, first sail of the season this weekend after the hand injury.
Sat, close hauled tacking duel with the C&C 37+ to Sandy Hook in18 kn
winds. Sunday return down wind 25+kn with 4' following seas. Short
period , steep set, wind against current. Full hoist sleigh ride. HOO
HAH

On 14 Jun 2004 13:33:43 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Remember to warm up the engine
or you'll be a long time pumping.

Good one, Marc! Cold oil build up the forearms!

RB

Bobsprit

Hi Bob, first sail of the season this weekend after the hand injury.
Sat, close hauled tacking duel with the C&C 37+ to Sandy Hook in18 kn
winds.

We had just no wind on the sound on Saturday, though I heard it picked up
later. Sunday was gusting 25-30, just great sailing though some water managed
to get past the dodger a few times.
Who won the tacking dual?

RB
Bobspirt

Sunday was gusting 25-30, just great sailing though some water managed
to get past the dodger a few times.

RB

Wait, did I say 25-30? I meant 45-50. Forget about those buoy reports that
still show wind in my area did not top 15 yesterday - BOY it was honkin'! We
could only manage a scrap of jib as none of the girls were bold enough to go
forward and raise the main and I certainly wasn't about to unhook the harness.
Besides, no one felt like heeling because then the soda cans don't stay upright
on the seats. And that water coming past the dodger was not just leaking
through the faulty seams, but genuine green water - err, well, really brown
water, with little specs of NY runoff trash in them. But I was sailing, while
you ninnies were playing with your computers.

Hoo Ahh

RB