JAXAshby

Default Making anti-siphon valves more reliable

do you find your behavior morally reprehensible, jeffies? I do.

jeffies, what is in that water? what happens to that stuff in that water

when
the water stops flowing and evaporates? How much pressure do you think a

raw
water pump produces? How much pressure is needed to raise water one foot?

two
feet? three feet?

What's your point jaxie? Are you now claiming the pump can't raise the water
few feet?

now remember, jeffies, *you* are telling the impressionable newbies on the

ng
to do ALL this because *you* did not know until this morning that water
injection units are supposed to be mounted above the water line.

I'm just telling folks they should follow the standards. You're the one
saying
they should remove their siphon break because its useless. If they followed
your advice they could destroy their engine and the insurance company could
refuse to pay. Good work, jaxie!

So tell us jaxie, why does the ABYC, the group that sets the standards for
boat
manufacture in the US, agree with me, and not with you?

do you find your behavior morally reprehensible, jeffies?

I have no trouble telling people to follow the standards of the ABYC. You,
however, seem to have no qualms about saying anything. For instance, you
claimed that a boat couldn't sink from a 2 inch hole, 2 feet below the
waterline
because the flow rate is only about one gallon a minute; most engineers agree
its close to 2 gallons a second. Taking the moral high ground doesn't suit
you,
jaxie.

Jeff Morris

Why is that jaxie? you're telling people to remove their "unnecessary" siphon
break. They could destroy their engine, and the insurance company won't pay.
That sounds about as "reprehensible" as it gets.

All I'm telling people is that they should conform to the ABYC standards.
What's your problem?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
[...]

JAXAshby

They could destroy their engine,

not if the water injection is properly installed. which it normally is, unless
some clown who believed the trash you wrote.