JAXAshby

Default Incredible learning experience

[sounds in background of SERIOUS guffowing]

Tad,

Jax is usually only dangerous to himself with a little knowledge and
maybe some who might take him seriously.

He is like the student that is so sure that the chemical symbol for
water is (HIJKLMNO.) He knows that it's correct because his teacher TOLD
HIM that the symbol was (H to O) for water and the teacher knows

Ole Thom

JAXAshby

from the dictionary, old man, something back in junior high school and you have
yet to learn.

chord2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kôrd, krd)
n.
A line segment that joins two points on a curve.
A straight line connecting the leading and trailing edges of an airfoil.

Jax,

Think of your Sail laying flat on the Sail Loft's floor. Do you have
that picture, in your (snic) mind? Now with the sail, laying perfectly
flat, tell me and the ASA group where you measure the "CHORD"?

Jump little fish, I just wiggled the line.
Ole Thom

katysails

OZ asked: What sort of flying critter is the Guffo or is it a Guff?

Are they protected?

Only from themselves....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:

OZ asked: What sort of flying critter is the Guffo or is it a Guff?

Are they protected?

Only from themselves....

Can't be. If that were the case, their keepers would ensure they
weren't exposed to ridicule...

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera
Flying Tadpole

OzOne wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:57:34 +0930, Flying Tadpole
scribbled thusly:

katysails wrote:

OZ asked: What sort of flying critter is the Guffo or is it a Guff?

Are they protected?

Only from themselves....

Can't be. If that were the case, their keepers would ensure they
weren't exposed to ridicule...

Nor allowed them to fly around in the heads of crazies like Jocks.

???
I thought the Guffo _was_ Jocks.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera

Thom Stewart

And No Jax,

While you are in a good mood and properly set up.

You have the definition of the "Chord"
I asked you to locate the "Chord" on the flat Sail.

Now, remembering YOUR DEFINITION, if you drew a line from the Peak of
the sail to the bottom Leech corner; Wouldn't that be a "CHORD" for the
curve of the ROACH?? (Jump little fish, you have been hooked again!)

Now, draw another line from the Peak to the Tack corner at the Boom.
That straight line, or CHORD would show the curve in the Tack, which
will produce the Belly in the sail. ( On both sides ;^) I"m pulling you
in Little Fish for my catch and release )

So, now Jax we have two "CHORDS" and yet no straight line from the
leading edge to the trailing edge (Pass me the net while I land this
Little Fish (G)!)

Jax, when we run the sail up the Mast or the Fore Stay, the curve in the
leading edge becomes straight and the excess forms a curve in both sides
of the sail, which when a delta P is created will take the shape of an
Airfoil. This my friend can be MEASURED by a straight line from the
Leading edge (TACK) to the Trailing edge (LEECH) (Hand me the pliers so
I can turn "Little Fishy" loose!)

I'll see you again "LITTLE FISH" if you want to talk Effects of TRIMMING
for Newton's Laws of Motion. If not, So be it!!

Ole Thom

JAXAshby

the one who so loudly proclaims to be a crackerbox asks what appear to be to
him a funny:

Guffowing?

What sort of flying critter is the Guffo or is it a Guff?

Are they protected?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

JAXAshby

from the proud crackerbox denizen:

This from Mr Guffowing....
Bwaaahaahahhahahahahahhahahahaaaa!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

JAXAshby

the one who so loudly proclaims to be a crackerbox states a stupid assumption
thusly:

the one who so loudly proclaims to be a crackerbox asks what appear to be to
him a funny:

Guffowing?

What sort of flying critter is the Guffo or is it a Guff?

Are they protected?

I can only guess that MENSA requires only mathematical skills.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.