Joe

Default Presidents

Worst president in history?

(The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to
the editor. Please forward to all on your list as this will put things
in perspective

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war.
They complain about his prosecution of it.
One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in US.
history.

Let's clear up one point: President Bush didn't start the war on
terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.
Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.
Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an averag! e of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by
Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
Over 2,900 lives lost on 9/11.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us,
President Bush has liberated two countries,
rushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a
shot,
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year.
Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack
at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,
but...

It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time
than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing
records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to
destroy the Medina Republican Guard
than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq
than it took to count the votes inFlorida!!!!

Our military is GREAT! PASS IT ON.
Bobsprit

It took less time to take Iraq
than it took to count the votes inFlorida!!!!

Are they still counting votes...cuz we have yet to "take" Iraq. The war
continues.

RB
Walt

Joe wrote:

Worst president in history?

Maybe, maybe not. Buchanan or Hoover might edge him out for first place.

remainder of crap snipped

--
// Walt
//

thunder

On Sun, 16 May 2004 18:16:39 -0700, Joe wrote:

Worst president in history?

(The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the
editor. Please forward to all on your list as this will put things in
perspective

Cute, but it would have more effect if it was historically accurate.

thunder

On Mon, 17 May 2004 02:54:47 +0000, Bob Crantz wrote:

I like your analysis. The liberals can't argue logically with what you say
because it is all fact. You are one good American!

Didn't pay much attention in history class, did you?
Jonathan Ganz

Clinton was the worst. He got Monica to kill millions.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Worst president in history?

(The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to
the editor. Please forward to all on your list as this will put things
in perspective

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war.
They complain about his prosecution of it.
One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in US.
history.

Let's clear up one point: President Bush didn't start the war on
terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.
Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.
Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
[...]

Thom Stewart

Joe,

Let's remember History the way it really was; The Japs attacked us and
Hitler declared war ON US! He declared was on us before FDR went on the
air with his "Day of Infamy"

Before Korea, Truman, with Geo Marshal as his Sec of State, issued the
Truman Doctrine, which included the Marshal Plan. This was to
re-establish the infrastructure of our allies and fellow members of the
UN. The Korean War was a UN operation.

Vietnam was a French operation; which the French were losing (Naturally)
They asked for help and Pres Eisenhower sent the first American
Advisers, which committed us to that mess.

Bosnia was a NATO operation, not a US operation. At the time France had
pulled out of NATO and kick Nato out of France (That is how Nato moved
to Belgium) That was the famous; Remove all American troops from French
Soil, to which Sec Russ asked; Does that include the ones that were
buried there?
At the time of Bosnia France was not a active NATO member

I'm glad Saddam is gone, but Joe, I think you have to admit, some of
our actions in Iraq are hard to defend

I don't know who is the worst Pres? My choice would be Jimmy Carter.
That isn't the reason for this reply. The rewriting History Is The
Reason.

SHAME ON YOU!!! You should know better

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

It took less time to take Iraq

Iraq has not been taken....the war is still on no matter what your
president says.

And don't forget, more and more Americans are aware of this as his support
dwindles. Bye Bye Bushy!

RB
Scott Vernon

you can prove that?