Navigator

Default Spinnakers...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...88888637udZpWz

Could this spinnaker trim be improved?

Cheers

Capt. Mooron

Good Question Nav...

Initially my response would be 'Yes'..... but let's face it.......
I'm forced to reconsider that conclusion in so much as a moment in time
might be misleading and whatever he's doing has him leading the pack.

How about this one....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844104bIbgHb

........my first time with a chute on Overproof.

CM

"Navigator" wrote in message
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...88888637udZpWz
|
| Could this spinnaker trim be improved?
|
| Cheers

Navigator

Doesn't say much about the 'pack' does it?

Cheers

"Navigator" wrote in message
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...88888637udZpWz
|
| Could this spinnaker trim be improved?
|
| Cheers

DSK

Navigator wrote:
Doesn't say much about the 'pack' does it?

I'd give very long odds that at least half that fleet could sail rings
around you. There was one past North American champ and several district
champs there.

Actually, it was a bit of luck that put us there, although we had to
sail well enough to take it when we got it. We did win enough district
races over the years that it wasn't totally a fluke.

How about you, Navvie? Other than dropping out and ruining a dinghy
motor, what success have you had racing?

DSK

Navigator

DSK wrote:

Navigator wrote:

Doesn't say much about the 'pack' does it?

I'd give very long odds that at least half that fleet could sail rings
around you. There was one past North American champ and several district
champs there.

Actually, it was a bit of luck that put us there,

Yes, let's put it down to luck -it may be the only real explanation.

Cheers

Navigator

Well, I'm glad you got it up! Did you ever analyse this picture?

Cheers

Capt. Mooron wrote:

How about this one....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844104bIbgHb

.......my first time with a chute on Overproof.

Capt. Mooron

No, actually I never have...... would you care to have a go?

CM

"Navigator" wrote in message
| Well, I'm glad you got it up! Did you ever analyse this picture?
|
| Cheers
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
|

| How about this one....
|
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844104bIbgHb
|
| .......my first time with a chute on Overproof.

Navigator

What and openly critcise your sail trim? I mean even the main needs a
bit now did I say that???? Never!

Cheers

"Navigator" wrote in message
| Well, I'm glad you got it up! Did you ever analyse this picture?
|
| Cheers
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
|

| How about this one....
|
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69844104bIbgHb
|
| .......my first time with a chute on Overproof.

DSK

Navigator wrote:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...88888637udZpWz

Could this spinnaker trim be improved?

Oz, who actually knows what he's talking about, and I, discussed this
some months ago. Where were you?

Considering that we were ahead & pulling away in this picture, I doubt
that anything you'd suggest would actually be better.

DSK

Navigator

It wasn't that picture and you didn't discuss it. Oz said your trim was
bad and you (of course) said otherwise as I recall. But it's alright I
know you know you are always right.

Cheers