Alan Gomes

Default The Mac 26M: New and Improved!

http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

Jonathan Ganz

What a bunch of unmitigated crap. It's all about appearance, performance
under power (mostly), and they can't even list knots (they use mph), but
I suppose with a 50hp engine, that's all you can expect. Wow, they're
now including pelicans for the lifelines.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

Alan Gomes

One intriguing advantage of the "M" over the "X" that caught my eye is how
well the "M" handles under main alone. In that respect the comparison
between the 26M and a J-133 may be more apt than the earlier comparison with
a Valiant.

--AG

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

Jeff Morris

I especially liked the floatation in the mast - it gives you a good feeling for
the stability of the boat.

A lot of the "improvements" just showed the weaknesses of the old model. I did
a quick check at the asking prices for older 26X's - it looks like a 5 year old
boat could be had for about half of the original price.

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

John Cairns

"Alan Goofy" with the help of a thousand monkeys banging
on keyboards, was finally able
to type out the following:
One intriguing advantage of the "M" over the "X" that caught my eye is how
well the "M" handles under main alone. In that respect the comparison
between the 26M and a pig trough may be more apt than the earlier

comparison with
a porta-potti
--AG

Whilst trolling, you need to be a little more subtle

Jonathan Ganz

Big deal. It supposedly handles ok without a jib. That's not much
of a testimonial. In conditions where sailing without a jib is appropriate,
would be totally inappropriate for an X or M.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

Lady Pilot

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
http://www.macgregor26.com/comparison_26x_and_26m.htm

ROFLLLL.....Good one!

LP (hint, change your bait)

Lady Pilot

"John Cairns" wrote in message

"Alan Goofy" with the help of a thousand monkeys banging
on keyboards, was finally able
to type out the following:
One intriguing advantage of the "M" over the "X" that caught my eye is

how
well the "M" handles under main alone. In that respect the comparison
between the 26M and a pig trough may be more apt than the earlier

comparison with
a porta-potti
--AG

Whilst trolling, you need to be a little more subtle

Hehehee. What are friends for, anyway?

LP (parse that sentence)

SAIL LOCO

I liked the pitch where they said they increased the size of the mast (fore and
aft dimension) which allowed the elimination of the backstay which lowered
weight aloft. Duh what about the larger mast section? Does it not weigh more
than the old mast section?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Lady Pilot

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
I liked the pitch where they said they increased the size of the mast

(fore and
aft dimension) which allowed the elimination of the backstay which lowered
weight aloft. Duh what about the larger mast section? Does it not weigh

more
than the old mast section?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Why do you post exacly like Bobsprit, BillBinary and others?

LP (just curious)