Van Allen

Default Pregnant women suffer seasickness more easily

"Some women, when pregnant, must refrain from time on the water due to
severe bouts of naseau. Not only is this recommended for the comfort of the
lady, it is imperative for the safety of the fetus. It has been found that
the fetus can suffer from motion sickness also. This puts baby at greater
risk."

Handbook of Maritime Medicine, 1988, p 421, Selchow and Righter Publishers

Van

Jonathan Ganz

Hmm.. sailed to the Farallons on a Mason 43. One of the crew was
a pregant woman, probably in the last 2 month of pregancy.

It was pretty rough that day, and she, along with only one other
person managed not to get sick (I wasn't the other one).

"Van Allen" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"Some women, when pregnant, must refrain from time on the water due to
severe bouts of naseau. Not only is this recommended for the comfort of

the
lady, it is imperative for the safety of the fetus. It has been found

that
the fetus can suffer from motion sickness also. This puts baby at greater
risk."

Handbook of Maritime Medicine, 1988, p 421, Selchow and Righter Publishers

Van

Bobsprit

Hmm.. sailed to the Farallons on a Mason 43. One of the crew was
a pregant woman, probably in the last 2 month of pregancy.

Not too worried. We've already spoken to doctors about it. Note the source
listed was 15 years old! The biggest risk aboard is heat, as Jeff pointed out.

RB

Scott Vernon

Ozzy scribbled thusly:

My son was probably concieved on a yacht.

Did you know the sailor?

Van Allen

It seems that only one as arrogant as you would conclude that your
particular life experiences, however misguided, are the rule for countless
others.

For further edification on how much you've missed the mark, I would suggest
searching on the noted publishers, Selchow and Righter. They are above
critcism and highly regarded.

Van

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:22:33 GMT, "Van Allen"
scribbled thusly:

"Some women, when pregnant, must refrain from time on the water due to
severe bouts of naseau. Not only is this recommended for the comfort of

the
lady, it is imperative for the safety of the fetus. It has been found

that
the fetus can suffer from motion sickness also. This puts baby at greater
risk."

Handbook of Maritime Medicine, 1988, p 421, Selchow and Righter

Publishers

Van

Hmmm, My wife sailed right thru her pregnancies, My son was probably
concieved on a yacht.
She gets totally debilitatingly seasick for 3 days of every month like
clockwork and did so right thru the pregnancies.
We actually plan passages around it those days.
Both children were born without complications and are well above
average in all senses.

Ithink that you'll find this is another publication from those who
believe that the best policy is to live your life totally encapsulated
in cotton wool

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Scott Vernon

I thought those commune things went out with the '70s.

Scotty

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:14:09 -0500, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

Ozzy scribbled thusly:

My son was probably concieved on a yacht.

Did you know the sailor?

Yep, I see him in the mirror every time I shave.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Bobsprit

Of course it's a risk as is getting in the car to drive to the yacht.

Anyone who puts a pregnant woman in a car is clearly trying to kill the baby.
It's the #1 killer.
I can't even find a statistic for boat related cases.
Silly thread in any case.

RB