JAXAshby

Default Navigation Question

6. Lunar Distances

Thanks Suzy,

And since your new here I give you a few answers and see if
you can guess a few others....OK

1. GPS
2. Loran
3. DR
4. celestial
5. Radio Direction

Anyone feel free to ad to the list.

Joe

Jeff Morris

How about:
Depth Sounder
Bottom from lead line
Sound from fog horns & bell/gong buoys
RADAR

Also, "DR" doesn't include Piloting, or using local geographic features.

"Joe" wrote in message
om...

Thanks Suzy,

And since your new here I give you a few answers and see if
you can guess a few others....OK

1. GPS
2. Loran
3. DR
4. celestial
5. Radio Direction

Anyone feel free to ad to the list.

Joe

DSK

Joe wrote:
And since your new here I give you a few answers and see if
you can guess a few others....OK

1. GPS
2. Loran
3. DR
4. celestial
5. Radio Direction

Anyone feel free to ad to the list.

What was the question again?

If you're listing methods of navigating, include inertial tracking. And
if Loran is on the list, then Omega should be too.

I'm not sure if 'piloting' is a seperate method for this list, but
navigating near shore using fixed landmarks is a good method to know.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DD730

Default Lifelines Part II

Who gives a sh&*?

JAXAshby wrote:
dougies, are you aware that Bob publicly asked for my technical
opinion?

dougies, are you aware that "sophist" and "pig" are synonyms?

No, thanks for pointing that out.

Everybody (incuding Bob Perry) already knows what JAXAshby is a
synonym for.

DSK

Jonathan Ganz

You don't know anything about Cal 20s, so just shut up.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
ole fart, we were in fact discussing racing a Cal 20, but your mind can't

keep
up.

in addition:

When you are working the High side and a gust hit you and causes a 45
degree heel, leeside buried in water and you're sailing thru the air,
tell me how high the lifelines should be??

nothing, for you are dead anyway because you are going in the drink and

nobody
is going to get you back onboard.

DD730

The use of a compass is neither necessary nor sufficient to DR and/or
Piloting.
But it can help.

Jeff Morris wrote:
I would think a compass is implied by DR and Piloting. Is there some
other use you're thinking of?

"DD730" wrote in message
y.com...
Compass

Joe wrote:
(Suzy Brody) wrote in message
. com...
Bill, this is a pointless comment and it adds nothing to this
topic.

Suzy