Bobsprit

Default LIS boating to end?

It will if no one speaks up!

http://www.windchecklis.com/htm/item1.htm

Looking at the scale of the project, it's hard to imagine it ever getting off
the ground, let alone in the water.

RB
Bobsprit

Looks like the general tactic is to propose something
overwhelming, and using that to arbitrate and get approval for a
scaled down version. The scaled down versions are still ruinous to the
Sound.

I think the enviromentalists will kick into gear on this one. Even up that far
there has been heavy damage to sea life due to "accidental" dumping. This type
of farming often effects other populations as well, so it won't be an easy
battle to win with the areas still steeped in heavy recovery.
I expect they'll manage some what they propose on a drastically smaller scale
and sailing will be effected very little.

RB

RB
Martin Baxter

wrote:

It will if no one speaks up!

http://www.windchecklis.com/htm/item1.htm

BB

Well, compared to the size of L.I. Sound it's not all that big, 522 acres, less than a square
mile. Unless of course they lay it out as a long skinny line of traps; in which case a single
CC 32 motoring at 6.5 kts should be able to make quite a mess going back and forth through the
line!

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit

They are urging people to help "Save the
Bluff Point Oyster"

Well....at least that's pretty funny! I'll send the page to my sailing friends
and my father (he's a retired naturalist) and see what they make of it.

RB
Bobsprit

They are proposing them in
harbors all along the coastline. Your house is next.

What about other comercial boaters? I don't see that they can get away with it
on any significant scale.

RB

Scott Vernon

Whatever happened to the 1000+ windmills they wanted to put in the sound?

Isn't it just peachy how billy and bob are playing nice together. Triple
dose of Ritalin?

Scotty

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

It will if no one speaks up!

http://www.windchecklis.com/htm/item1.htm

BB

Well, compared to the size of L.I. Sound it's not all that big, 522 acres,

less than a square
mile. Unless of course they lay it out as a long skinny line of traps; in

which case a single
CC 32 motoring at 6.5 kts should be able to make quite a mess going back

and forth through the
line!

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit

Bobsprit should dump LameOL and get a better ISP.

My actual ISP is Time Warner Cable, but the AOL account is free and long
standing, so I keep it.

RB