Scott Vernon

Default Friend has ordered one of these!

Nice boat, very impressive. What type sailing does he, will he do?

SV

OzOne wrote in message ...

Friend of mine has ordered a Beneteau 473
http://www.beneteauusa.com/beneteau_series/473.php
with damned near every option and extra that they offer incl the big
motor, extra tall stick and bow thruster.
Delivery in a few months...can't wait for a cruise.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Bobsprit

He races weekends, midweek, does the long ones up the East coast Syd
Mooloolaba, whitsunday race week etc etc.

According to Ganzy, that comfortable boat won't ever leave the dock. It is so
written!

RB
nova

How much does one needs to earn in a year to own such a beautiful boat?
I'm not referring to having a million bucks in bank but say if my job pays
me US$70,000 a year, will I be able to afford to buy and maintain this boat?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
He races weekends, midweek, does the long ones up the East coast Syd
Mooloolaba, whitsunday race week etc etc.

According to Ganzy, that comfortable boat won't ever leave the dock. It is

so
written!

RB

Bobsprit

How much does one needs to earn in a year to own such a beautiful boat?
I'm not referring to having a million bucks in bank but say if my job pays
me US$70,000 a year, will I be able to afford to buy and maintain this boat?

If you make 70K a year you can probably own a nice mid eighties Pearson or C&C
costing 35-50K, depending on what you drive and other factors of course. Some
folks say 70K equals 70K, meaning you can afford the boat that equals what you
make in a year, but I say about 20% less.

RB

DSK

nova wrote:

How much does one needs to earn in a year to own such a beautiful boat?
I'm not referring to having a million bucks in bank but say if my job pays
me US$70,000 a year, will I be able to afford to buy and maintain this boat?

Depends a lot on your credit rating, how much debt you want to carry, how handy you
are at maintainence, and what expenses you are willing to scrimp on.

Bobsprit wrote:

If you make 70K a year you can probably own a nice mid eighties Pearson or C&C
costing 35-50K, depending on what you drive and other factors of course. Some
folks say 70K equals 70K, meaning you can afford the boat that equals what you
make in a year, but I say about 20% less.

What drivel. Doesn't it make any difference what marina costs are in the particular
area one is going to keep the boat? Doesn't it make any difference what other
financial obligations one might already have, like kids about to enter college etc
etc?

As many have said many a time before this... Bubbles, you're nuts.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bobsprit

What drivel. Doesn't it make any difference what marina costs are in the
particular
area one is going to keep the boat? Doesn't it make any difference what other
financial obligations one might already have, like kids about to enter college
etc
etc?

No, Doug, it really doesn't. We have VERY high marina costs here and I know
people with mortgages and kids who can still swing a Mid eighties C&C 34 with
around 100K a year. Then others with no kids and no house can buy more. It's a
ROUGH estimate, which is clear to anyone but a moron like you! Since sailing is
not very important to you (You drive a trawler) you haven't worked it out.

RB

Donal

"nova" wrote in message
How much does one needs to earn in a year to own such a beautiful boat?
I'm not referring to having a million bucks in bank but say if my job pays
me US$70,000 a year, will I be able to afford to buy and maintain this

boat?

I've heard that ownership costs about 10% of the new price excluding any
loan repayments.

A big chunk will be the berthing fees. If you can get a cheap mooring, you
can cut the cost almost in half.

So, if you saved up 10% of the cost last year, and you have enough money to
buy the boat outright, then you can possibly afford it.

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

This fully explains Scotty's 5K Siedelmann! Thanks for clearing that
up.

Damn, Bill, that was horribly sharp, mean, uncalled for, on target and
below-the-belt.
Wish I'd said it!

RB